AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 818, finally.

I'm very new to this but I want to slowly build my sound system. I have an old Panasonic dvd home theatre system with 5 small speakers and I want to know if I can hook them up to the Onkyo as it may be a while before I can invest on some good ones. The back of the speakers say 110W music - 6ohm (front & centre) and 60W Music - 6ohm (surround speakers)

I won't expect much from this set up but I just need to know it won't harm the receiver in any way.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I don't know why not, and if you have any money to do the upgrade check out accessories4less.com they have a lot of Onkyo products, several 7.1 sparker system that would work well with what you have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have another question...

What should I set my subwoofer phase and crossover at?

There is the option to set the crossover between 40 & 160Hz and the phase @ between 0° & 180°

Thanks

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa1478  /t/1468300/onkyo-818-speakers#post_23215446

I have another question...

What should I set my subwoofer phase and crossover at?

There is the option to set the crossover between 40 & 160Hz and the phase @ between 0° & 180°

Thanks
Set the sub to the highest set point and run the Audyssey set up. as for the phase try both ways and pick what sounds right to you. I assume that you have a sub but the first post did not state that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108  /t/1468300/onkyo-818-speakers#post_23215823

Set the sub to the highest set point and run the Audyssey set up. as for the phase try both ways and pick what sounds right to you. I assume that you have a sub but the first post did not state that.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa1478  /t/1468300/onkyo-818-speakers#post_23216351

Thanks again for your help!

Yes I have a Sub, the settings I was talking about are on the actual Sub not on the receiver so I hope your answer had that in mind.

Yes, that is what I had in mind

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi there,

My room is 15' x 13' and I'm really interested in the Klipsch RF82II speaker system. I'm wondering if this is too much for my room?

When I say "too much", I mean, will it sound bad?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts