AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice with a subwoofer pop issue. Not sure if this is the same speaker pop issue others have had. I just hooked up a Klipsch Synergy 12''( too good of deal to pass up) and every time i switch inputs, adjust volume, change channels(when the reciever has to change audio), and when the receiver changes audio, the subwoofer goes off one quick burst. I'm not sure if it's in the receiver, sub, or cable. Have a new cable coming. It doesn't matter if I'm watching cable, movie etc. Very annoying. After the reciever displays the audio( dolby digital, multichannel, PL II etc), the sub and only the sub pops. Also when I hit certain volume levels, such as 55 and 65, it does the same.This can't be normal. Any ideas?

Panny 50'' Plasma

Motorola cable box- svideo/optical to receiver

PS3- Hdmi

A-3 Hdmi

Onkyo 875- Hdmi to Tv

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
this is a Onkyo problem, happens with all of their latest line including the Onkyo pro 885 pre-amp which I use, very annoying for sure

-Gary

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobber99 /forum/post/12868438

Need some advice with a subwoofer pop issue. Not sure if this is the same speaker pop issue others have had. I just hooked up a Klipsch Synergy 12''( too good of deal to pass up) and every time i switch inputs, adjust volume, change channels(when the reciever has to change audio), and when the receiver changes audio, the subwoofer goes off one quick burst. I'm not sure if it's in the receiver, sub, or cable. Have a new cable coming. It doesn't matter if I'm watching cable, movie etc. Very annoying. After the reciever displays the audio( dolby digital, multichannel, PL II etc), the sub and only the sub pops. Also when I hit certain volume levels, such as 55 and 65, it does the same.This can't be normal. Any ideas?

Panny 50'' Plasma

Motorola cable box- svideo/optical to receiver

PS3- Hdmi

A-3 Hdmi

Onkyo 875- Hdmi to Tv

Is your 875 still doing this? Has there been any more news on this issue? My TX-NR906 is doing the same thing. I've only had it for a couple of days, so if this is a defect with only certain units, I will send mine back for a replacement. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I have never had this problem.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fartucci /forum/post/15031182

Is your 875 still doing this? Has there been any more news on this issue? My TX-NR906 is doing the same thing. I've only had it for a couple of days, so if this is a defect with only certain units, I will send mine back for a replacement. Thanks.

I've had my 875 for over a year connected to a Def Tech 12" sub and I haven't experienced this problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I reset the receiver to factory settings (VCR/DVR + power button), and the popping sound went away. Perhaps the problem was with the settings that resulted from running Audyssey the first time. I will try running Audyssey this evening and see if the problem comes back. Any ideas as to why resetting the receiver would help, or why Audyssey might be causing problems?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fartucci /forum/post/15035864

I reset the receiver to factory settings (VCR/DVR + power button), and the popping sound went away. Perhaps the problem was with the settings that resulted from running Audyssey the first time. I will try running Audyssey this evening and see if the problem comes back. Any ideas as to why resetting the receiver would help, or why Audyssey might be causing problems?

Go to the Audyssey thread and ask.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts