AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this over in the 875 thread but wanted to start a new thread about it also.

I've got a new video problem with my 875. I've had it since August and have no problems what so ever. However about 2-3 weeks ago I noticed some very odd color problems on my tv. The problem persist regardless of the resolution I output. I tried hooking up my components directly to the tv and it looks the same so I initially thought it was a tv problem. However if I unplug the HDMI cable from the receiver to the tv and then directly hook everything up to the tv it looks fine. Therefore I'm convinced it's a problem with the 875.

It's a little hard to describe so I took a picture of the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas or experiences with this?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I posted this in the 875 thread but here it is again 4U:

I am unsure of how you are passing the signal.

Is it?

HDMI in to 875 - HDMI out from 875 to TV = Problem

Component in to 875 - Component out of 875 to TV = No Problem

or some other scenario?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replied in the 875 thread but will also do so here.

Cable box, Oppo, Wii via component.

PS3, HDA35 via HDMI.

All to the 875.

HDMI out to Sammy 5067.

No matter what component I choose I get that video problem. If I plug any of the component connection directly into the tv (which the HDMI cable from tv to 875 still connected) I still get the problem unless I unplug the HDMI cable. If I directly connect any of the HDMI devices directly into the tv (hence unplugging the connection from tv to 875) the problem disappears.

·
Registered
597 Posts
So if you have the HDMI cable still plugged into the TV from the 875 yet all video is being sent directly to the TV via HDMI by one of your sources and the picture gets better when the 875 HDMI out cable is unplugged then that cable is sending some video noise from the 875. What audio setting do you have in the 875 menu 7.5 ?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm....I don't know what menu 7.5 is.

My tv only has 1 HDMI input so I have to manually swap out cables.

Can video noise really cause that nastyness on my tv? I even tried swapping out 3 different types of HDMI cable and all give me the same thing. What's weird is though when I go into the menu for the 875, everything looks fine. Picture clears up completely.

·
Registered
597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkny75 /forum/post/12930504

Hmmm....I don't know what menu 7.5 is.

My tv only has 1 HDMI input so I have to manually swap out cables.

Can video noise really cause that nastyness on my tv? I even tried swapping out 3 different types of HDMI cable and all give me the same thing. What's weird is though when I go into the menu for the 875, everything looks fine. Picture clears up completely.

The menu is displayed at 480p

The menus are numbered. Menu 7.5 is the seventh menu (Hardware Setup) and the 5th item (HDMI). Inside there are four sub-items, the first of which is HDMI Audio OUT. what is it set to? Try setting it to the opposite setting to "see" what happens.

I suspect you have a fubarred HDMI terminal or video processing chip in the 875. It will still be under warranty, Yes/no?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhh, that menu. Sorry, I didn't know it by number. I have HDMI audio out set to off. I'll try it when I get home. I suspected it could be a fubarred HDMI or video processing chip also. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever had a problem like that on their 875.

Yeah it's still under warranty but now I got to drag it to a service center to get it looked at. Just a pain.

·
Registered
597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkny75 /forum/post/12930754

Yeah it's still under warranty but now I got to drag it to a service center to get it looked at. Just a pain.

Agreed. I think there is one in Syracuse.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that's pretty damn far from Manhattan. I think the closest one is in the Bronx but that means I'll have to rent a car to get there.

Thanks for you help JVi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts