AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have had my Onkyo for awhile now. I have always known that the reon in the amp is of superb scaling quality. My question is that I recently bought a new sammy bluray Bdp-3600, and the picture looks very nice. I have a Sammy 63" plasma, and everything looks great, however we always are our worst critic and I can still se subtle blurriness in certain areas of the screen.

My question is what should I set the amp to output. I have always set it to default at 1080p, and since my bluray outputs 1080p I assume nothing is changed. I have read that some ppl think setting that setting the bluray to 1080i and then letting the reon upscale the signal to 1080p provides a better picture. I have also read that ppl say to set the output to pass through. Does this just send the signal straight through the and bypass the reon from doing any scaling? thanks in advance

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I can only speculate. If a disc is recorded in 1080p, I see no point to outputting it in 1080i. I don't know if there's a way to check this or not.

I googled some things, and one person claimed 1080p was the standard. And the government has only your best interests as their concern

Maybe it's labeled on the disc, or in the onscreen info?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts