AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just got the TX-SR313 from Onkyo and so far it's great! However my older receiver always displayed which format it was bitstreaming on the display screen of the receiver, and this new receiver does not. It keeps displaying at what volume setting is at.

How do I make the receiver always display the format on the screen display, for example:

http://filedepot.onkyousa.com/Files/sell_sheets/TX-SR313_US.pdf

Noticed how it says Dobly TrueHD on big green letters. How do I make stay like all the time? I know I'm kinda OCD on this, but it seems that all Onkyo receivers behave this way? There should be a way to change that.

·
Registered
29,106 Posts
I agree it is OCD. Not like the format is gonna change once the movie starts.

What happens when you hit the display button on the remote or on the front of the receiver?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Try hitting the display button and scroll thru all the possible displays to see what is available then go to the one you like. All my Onkyo products display the sound mode cuz that is what I have selected, but I could display the volume if I wanted to but like you I wanna see the sound mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.