AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. A very agressive pricepoint for THX certification. And with features like HDMI 1.4, HDMI through, and Audessey DSX, and 3D Ready!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, there is a powered zone 2. The beefed up amplifier section also may be the story behind the roughly 1.5 pounds of additional weight.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I miss that too. I have the TX-NR1007, and one of the features missing is the coffee warmer. It does not get too hot, at least that I have noticed.

·
Registered
538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCold1906 /forum/post/18281271

I need a NR807 replacement!

...LoL! Got my 807 less than a week ago & have 6-weeks to "try it out" from BestBuy. Hmm (Reward Zone Silver member)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

The description of the amplifier section (3 Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry)

is the same as has been used in the TX-SR805, 875, 876, 905, 906, 1007, 3007,and 5007.

I do wonder if the TX-SR608 will share the same thermal characteristics of running hot. Unfortunately, the chances of the 608 having preamp outputs is slim. Truly am looking forward to reading about the upper level Series.

Cheers,

AD

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would agree. I am not sure that it will have a tendancy to run hot, but with the said amplifier design and THX certification, it looks like some of the features are trickling down the line. Probably no line outs, since that would ahve been referenced in the press release I posted at the beginning. But I am betting money that the new 708 gets networking capabilities, once it is announced.

·
Registered
538 Posts
"Additionally, all 2010 HDMI v1.4 models include a new feature call HDMI Thru. HDMI Thru allows content to pass through to the TV when the receiver is in a standby state"

Sweet deal!

·
Registered
538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereowise /forum/post/18284228

I would agree. I am not sure that it will have a tendancy to run hot, but with the said amplifier design and THX certification, it looks like some of the features are trickling down the line. Probably no line outs, since that would ahve been referenced in the press release I posted at the beginning. But I am betting money that the new 708 gets networking capabilities, once it is announced.

there are no line outs on the 608.

·
Registered
355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereowise /forum/post/18284228

With all the other features that trickled down to the 608 I'm wondering if they will even make a 708.

I mean if it doesn't have networking what else would distinguish it from the 608? The 608 picked up the THX certification, the Burr-Brown DACs, 1080p upscaling, more power, Audyssey DSX, etc.

I mean are pre-outs and the better Audyssey calibration enough to justify a separate tier without networking? And then if they include networking in the 708 how will they distinguish the 808?

With how good the 608 is looking with all the featues they flowed down to it, its hard to picture justifying both the 708 and 808, unless Onkyo is going to continue to blow us away with even more features on their higher end units... Maybe the 808 or 1008 and above will step up to streaming video in addition to streaming audio -- netflix, youtube, windows media center extender, etc. -- that would be amazing.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aducrejr /forum/post/18281409

I just ordered the 807 should I be looking into sending it back due to the HDMI 1.4?

Depends if you need to pass through 3D signals. Without 1.4 you will not be able to use 3D video... (my understanding)

1 - 20 of 152 Posts