AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Today I received the new Onkyo BD-SP309 player. Good looking player, and image and sound as what you would expect from Onkyo. However, I am sitting with a problem: Playing media-files from a PC on my home-network.

- Internet works fine (it found a firmware-update itself).

- It can find my NAS (was not meant to, the music is on a PC).

- My Squeezebox Touch sees my PC and plays music off of it

- The Onkyo SP309 won't find the PC. Message: Select Server (and the list only contains the NAS).

I would really like to get my PC visible to the Onkyo player. Can anyone advise me how I should do this?

Thanks a lot!!

Robin.

PS: According to some specs on the internet, it should have internet radio... can't find it in the menu, and I really don't think it has it.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinvb
Hi everyone,

Today I received the new Onkyo BD-SP309 player. Good looking player, and image and sound as what you would expect from Onkyo. However, I am sitting with a problem: Playing media-files from a PC on my home-network.

- The Onkyo SP309 won't find the PC. Message: Select Server (and the list only contains the NAS).

I would really like to get my PC visible to the Onkyo player. Can anyone advise me how I should do this?

Thanks a lot!!

Robin.

PS: According to some specs on the internet, it should have internet radio... can't find it in the menu, and I really don't think it has it.
This is a rebadged sharp bd- hp25u if that helps

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinvb /forum/post/20657198

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot!!

Robin.

My experience with Onkyo's DLNA implementation is that it's buggy and inconsistent. For example, with my BD-SP808, it would see both my Windows 7-based media server and a TwonkyServer on my Mac but files that would play from the W7 machine were unplayable from the TwonkyServer. Also, H.264-encoded 1080p files streamed through my Oppo BDP-93 looked fantastic while the same files streamed through my Onkyo looked like crap (if they played at all).

I saved myself some aggravation and just added a $90 WD TV Live Plus to the system that has the Onkyo player. The WD TV streams practically every type of audio/video file, has a much nicer interface than the Onkyo (or the Oppo for that matter), and the picture looks great to boot. Sure, it'd be swell if the Onkyo BD players did a better job of streaming media, but the WD TV fit the bill quite nicely in my case and much better than the Onkyo ever would've.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts