AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for bookshelf type system for my living room. It will only be used for music and needs to have radio, cd and aux line-in (preferably ipod dock). Room size is about 15 ft x 15 ft. I doesn't need to be loud, but definitely sound size. My budget is only $300.

I found the Onkyo CS-445 ( http://amzn.com/B004BD9W4W ) on Amazon with decent reviews but I have also read enough posts about the horrors of the speaker systems bundled with these systems.

I have some left over speakers from my Onkyo HTS-6100 since I am only using the L/R and center right now, but I am not impressed with those speakers like I first was.

I have also checked Craiglist in my local area (Vegas), but I have had a difficult time sorting the junk from the good stuff. Any recommendations or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
You should be able to pick up an old stereo receiver and either a CD or DVD player on Craig's List for well under $100 total. That leaves you $200+ for a decent pair of bookshelf speakers from Infinity or Polk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there any models to avoid in the Infinity or Polk line up? I always have a difficult time determining which ones are really worth my money.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a set of used polk lsi7 for $200 per a speaker. That is more than my budget, but I am curious if it is worth it. Comments? Thanks in advance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts