AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to use my Onkyo Tx-Sr504 controller to control my DS-A2 iPod dock but can't find the code for the dock. Does anyone know it or know where to look. I've been all over the internet and even Onkyo's site doesn't say.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks oztech. Just did that and it works. The only problem now is I can get the music menu on the TV screen and control the music, but when i manually go to my photos nothing comes up on the screen. Is there some sort of set up for this other than the video connection which I have connected.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am doing it on the iPod itself for the photos but no luck so far. I would think that if the music lists and wording comes up on the TV screen, that I have everything connected properly. Maybe I should try to connect the iPod directly to the TV to see if I can get an image.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfec /forum/post/0

i am having the same problem, did you ever figure out what was wrong??? thanks....

Yes, I figured it out.

First of all, you have to learn how to use the slide show feature on your iPod. You do that by going to your photos, selecting an individual photo, and then clicking once on that individual photo. At that point the slide show begins, using whatever settings you have put into 'slideshow'. You can see the slide show happening on the screen of your iPod. Press the remote control (onkyo dock remote) mode so that the TV screen does not have the song list showing and your slide show comes up.

Let me know if that worked...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi so does anyone know the device code for a Motorola Cable Receiver? or what about the code for a JVC 3-dvd/cd player? Also is there a PDF somehwere on the interweb that has the entire list for Onkyo? that would be most helpful, all ive found is one for Europe and that only made my TV work

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im looking to buy this dock, but the main thing is I want it to be able to fit in the dock with the iskin on. I really like the iskin and dont want to ever take it off. Anyone know if it will fit in the dock with the iskin on?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech /forum/post/0

not sure if this helps but the wheel at the top is adjustable to

accommodate different thickness for different models.

OK, Im just concerned about the bottom.I think if the iskin is too thick it wont go all the way in to make the connection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.