AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was just curious if any of you could give me some quick advice. I was watching a few movies over the last few days and I noticed that my ds575 was shutting off randomly. So I'd just power back on and all was fine. Well I went to watch I movie tonight and it shutoff maybe 5 times in the first 15 minutes of the movie. So i ssumed maybe wires were crossed or something from pushing the recievert around when dusting it. Pulled out the reciever and all looked good. So tried it again and it shut down, over and over.

I researched a bit and got the impression it was toast after 7 years. That the soilder joints went bad. So I went on to CC website and reviewed a few recievers and settled in on the 604. I picked it up online for $314, not to shabby I think.

Anyways, long story short I for some odd reason didn't check the actual speaker wire inputs on the back of the speaker, so I did. Sure enough, some how one of the wires crossed, causing the short out(well 98% positive it did, tested it for 10 minutes loud).

Anyways, would it be worth just keeping the 604 over the 575 for that cost or will there not be a big enough difference to justfy keeping it?

·
Registered
721 Posts
I personally would stick with the 575 for now if it's meeting all your present connection needs. It might be better to set that $300 aside for a more substantial upgrade a little further on. . .

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, that's what I've been thinking after researching all night and watching a movie with the 575. It sounds damn good atill and it didn't shutdown after rewiring that one speaker. Maybe next year lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.