AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have Onkyo DVD Player with Divx Support Model DVSP404. I have trying to convert some mkv files into HD Divx/XVID video of 1920X1080 resolution but unfortunately it says that the video resolution is not supported. I don't understand that this dvd player upscales DVD quality to 1080i but i thought it wud be weird of it not to play 1080 vids but can only upscale to that resolution. Is my analysis right?? or can my dvd player play HD vids

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejayrocks /forum/post/16991005

Hey guys,

I have Onkyo DVD Player with Divx Support Model DVSP404. I have trying to convert some mkv files into HD Divx/XVID video of 1920X1080 resolution but unfortunately it says that the video resolution is not supported. I don't understand that this dvd player upscales DVD quality to 1080i but i thought it wud be weird of it not to play 1080 vids but can only upscale to that resolution. Is my analysis right?? or can my dvd player play HD vids

Very few DVD players will accept high definition sources. Here is a search page showing players that are supposed to read HD divx/xvid: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers?...Submit2=Search

-Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx for the reply m8, yea my dvd player ain't on the list, too bad, the only way i can think of getting HD videos on my TV is now either buy WDTV Media Center or else just connect it as a multi display to my computer

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejayrocks /forum/post/16997754

thx for the reply m8, yea my dvd player ain't on the list, too bad, the only way i can think of getting HD videos on my TV is now either buy WDTV Media Center or else just connect it as a multi display to my computer

Some Blu-ray players will accept hi def video files, but I agree, if you want to do a lot of this a media server product or PC will provide the most options.

-Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts