AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a Onkyo NR609 and just found out it has the defective part and is dying. For some reason, its outputting all my audio and video for every room but the 2 speakers directly connected to it don't work but the video still works. Here is my setup:

4 rooms - 2 ceiling speakers in each room, Living room is the exception where I have 2 tower speakers in addition.
4 TVs
4 Inputs (sonos,ps4,directtv,amazon fire)
Control 4 Setup (Amp, HDMI matrix, etc.)
Wired

I want to future proof the receiver for 4K and also make sure it does not run hot. I am in the price range of $400-$700. You guys have any thoughts on what receiver to buy?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1

That's certainly what I'll do if/when my 609 fails--as long as it's before 2018.;)

Ed
Thanks, I saw that post. I have decided I am going to upgrade the receiver for this setup as it also had a video problem as well. I also don't want to wait all those weeks without any TV as I have a central rack that controls the house.

Any thoughts for a replacement?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 608 and I'm waiting for the new Pioneer
VSX-90 7.2 Channel Networked AV Receiver with Built-in Bluetooth®and Wi-Fi®, and Dolby ATMOS®

Full Bandwidth HDMI (4K UltraHD 60P/4:4:4) with HDCP 2.2
Built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®
AVNavigator Built-in for simplified set up
Dolby ATMOS®

Suggested Price: $700.00

Should be sometime in May.

Skip

·
Registered
1,604 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys,

$700 is hard stop and really would like to be below that unless there is some real benefit to spending more. I have Control 4 so the amp and Binary does all the distribution, so really the receiver I am more concerned about video and audio quality. Would like airplay as my Sonos lacks that's feature.

I am interested in the AVR X4000 but saw on amazon that this model is discontinued by manufacturer,

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Thanks, I saw that post. I have decided I am going to upgrade the receiver for this setup as it also had a video problem as well. I also don't want to wait all those weeks without any TV as I have a central rack that controls the house.

Any thoughts for a replacement?
Just to share the experience. I sent in my Onkyo recently on a Friday and had it back fixed the next Tuesday. Really outstanding service. YMMV of course.

Reactions: old corps
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.