AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am using this receiver for the living room and it is about 12x14...

i do like the idea of the pre out for future upgrades, but do u really need that if it is just a living room?

am i really going to buy an amp for my living room i mean come on its not like it is a dedicated home theater room... ITS JUST A LIVING ROOM

i plan on using a 10" or 12" sub with it also

some explain to me what this pre amp out would do for me if i did decide to add it and about how much would it cost to do all of this

benefits of pre amp out: are ?

·
Registered
616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bruiser /forum/post/14296503

i do like the idea of the pre out for future upgrades, but do u really need that if it is just a living room?

am i really going to buy an amp for my living room i mean come on its not like it is a dedicated home theater room... ITS JUST A LIVING ROOM

some explain to me what this pre amp out would do for me if i did decide to add it and about how much would it cost to do all of this

with the pre-outs you can replace your internal amps with external amps. IMO you won't need external amps, the Onk's have good internal amps (however the 706's amps will be better than the 606's) you will most likely enjoy the results from the 606. I have a 506 in my family room and it does just fine.....

·
Registered
510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bruiser /forum/post/14296503

If you were really serious into quality sound, then you would be spending a lot more money on separate amplifiers.

For the other 95% of the population, the Onkyo TX-SR606 by it's self does the job.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy /forum/post/14297033

If you were really serious into quality sound, then you would be spending a lot more money on separate amplifiers.

For the other 95% of the population, the Onkyo TX-SR606 by it's self does the job.

now this guys got me thinkin about QUALITY sound...

crud

makin me want to shell out like 2k for a receiver GRRRR

ok well thx for the advice... either go all out or just get a cheapie thats bang for the buck hmmmm

ok thx

i dont really want to spend more than 500 on a receiver anyways

but i come on this website so much i dont want to just be "stuck" with something i cant tweak out in the future

I AM SO CONFUSED

SOMEONE SEND ME 5k THRU PAYPAL

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Spending a ton on separate amps has benefit, but is not necessary.

If your primary use of the system will be critical listening of 2 channel music, separate amplification has the most benefit.

If you are using the AVR for general use, movies, tv viewing, and some music, the amps in the receiver will do just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts