AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I just a bought an onkyo HT-S3100 and so far its been great im running my computer threw the speakers and my xbox 360. I have my computer connected with RCA and I have my xbox connected via new optical cable I just picked up.

So when I plug my xbox in I get the Dolby D listening mode but none of the other 5.1 surround formats like pro logic or neo 6 while playing games like Call of Duty which all bear the DD sign on them. So is it only for movies I can change the mode or do I have to change something to get the diffrent modes for gaming becuase I know theres a Pro Logic Game mode I would like to try out.

Thanks

Thomas.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If it's DD 5.1 (3.2.1) I don't believe you can change your modes. Remember ProLogic & Neo take an analog signal and make it digital and give you your mode choices.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got my Ht-3100 also and hook up my HD TV Dish box to the Optical input and my Samsung DVD player to the Optical input. I am seeing the same problem that I can only get Dolby 2/0 sound and not getting 3/2.1 which suppose to be 5.1.

I go thru all the listening modes. I thought DTS should give me 5.1 or 3/2.1.

·
Registered
82 Posts

Quote:
pro logic or neo 6

Those are both modes that will convert 2.1 audio into 5.1 or 6.1. You will never use them if you have the Xbox plugged straight into the receiver via optical. This isn't a "problem" at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts