AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am having some issues setting up my home theater system and would really appreciate some help. I have the Onkyo HTS760 HTIB that runs an HT R510 receiver.

I followed the instructions in the manual, but could not get the TV sound to come of the receiver's speakers. The TV gets the audio from the cable box. Because of this, I ran the audio directly from the cable box to the Video 1 in on the receiver. Now I can get audio from only the front speakers but nothing from the center and three surrounds. I have the A and B speakers on and have tried all of the sound settings (DSP, surround, direct, stereo) to no avail.

I would obviously like audio out of the other speaker, but ideally I would like to run the audio from the cable box to the TV, then to the receiver. Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
First of all, you do not want to run the cable box audio from the cable box to the tv to the Onkyo. That is the wrong way to do it. Leave the cable box audio connected to the Onkyo.

You provided no information about your tv and cable box. Are they hi def units? Is the analog audio the only output you have from the cable box? If it is, then you need to use Dolby PL II to get sound from all your speakers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i own this receiver also, when you enable Speakers B it sets everything to stereo, try running it with just speakers A enabled, then set it to ALL CH ST or send it DD/DTS

also you can check the speaker adjust button settings and make sure its set to 6 channels

1 - 3 of 3 Posts