AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this receiver for years now and just got a new Panasonic 50" Plasma and Panasonic BR. Everything is going into the tv via HDMI and then I have an optical Audio going to the receiver, just for surround.

About a week or two after getting the new setup my center speaker went in and out a few times, now it is out for good.

I've checked all the levels and settings. Unplugged for 30 seconds. Did the factory reset clicking Video 1 and Standby button. NOTHING!

I get no test tone. Test tone works fine for R/L/Surr Sprks/Sub but center channel I get absolutely nothing.

Any ideas? (Besides, go buy a Yamaha, which I know is coming
)

·
Premium Member
93,254 Posts
Have you tried connecting the center speaker to another set of posts to make sure it hasn't gone bad? What about connecting another speaker to the center speaker posts to confirm whether it's the AVR that's gone bad?

If you do look for a new AVR, consider the Denon 1610 (last year's HDMI 1.3) which will include Audyssey MultEQ.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I tried a different speaker and it didn't work. Also tried a different wire on a different channel and it worked fine. So it's not the speaker or the speaker wire. It's definitely the channel.

Is this just a friend receiver? Is it something that can be fixed or replaced?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts