AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please help me? I can not get my Onkyo HT-RC180 to broadcast DTS HD and Dolby True when playing a blu ray. It keeps defaulting to PCM DP II. I Have no clue what to change in the menu to make it play DTS or Dolby True. When I play a DVD however, I can get DD and dTS to come through just fine. I'm using a Sony BDP-S780 blu ray player if that helps.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiezombbie
Can someone please help me?

I'm using a Sony BDP-S780 blu ray player if that helps.
Hi robbiezombbie, try setting the BD player BD Audio Mix to off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That didn't seem to change anything except at the blu ray menus. Those now come in at DD. The movie still goes to PLII or Neo6. When I push the audio display when the movie is playing, it says DTS-HD Master Audio. Could it be a setting I need to change with the receiver? I have it hooked up with HDMI and not an optical so I know that's not the problem.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiezombbie
That didn't seem to change anything except at the blu ray menus. Those now come in at DD. The movie still goes to PLII or Neo6. When I push the audio display when the movie is playing, it says DTS-HD Master Audio. Could it be a setting I need to change with the receiver? I have it hooked up with HDMI and not an optical so I know that's not the problem.
Check the receiver Listening Mode Preset menu is set to Straight for that input source. Another suggestion is to disable HDMI Control if its set to on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JChin. First let me say thank you for your responses. I really appreciate it.

All sources on the receiver are set to Last Valid. Even if I change them to Dolby or what not, the output reverts to Neo6 or PL. Your other suggestion of the HDMI control is set to OFF. I don't know what else to try. is there maybe a system reset with the receiver? Maybe I changed something I shouldn't have and can't figure it out.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
To reset the receiver:

- turn receiver on

- while holding down the [VCR/DVR] button

- press the [ON/STANDBY] button

- “Clear” will appear on the display and the receiver will enter Standby mode

Before reset check these settings.

The BD player is connected with HDMI cable, BD player audio menu under HDMI Audio is set to "Auto" and BD Audio Mix is set to "Off". The HD sound track is selected under disc Audio/Language menu (note: some previews are played as pcm/dd).

The receiver Listening Mode is set to "Straight" and HDMI Control is "Off".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.