AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the Onkyo HT-RC260 and will be hooking up an HD TiVo (via HDMI), Wii (via component and analog RCAs), and a Panasonic plasma 50PX80U (via HDMI). I will also have another set of speakers hooked up to the zone 2 connections in another room. Two questions:
  1. As far as I know, the component video will be sent across the HDMI to the TV, but will the audio as well? Wife/kid would like to be able to play games without having to use the receiver.
  2. Will audio from the TiVo (HDMI) be able to be output on the Zone 2 speaker connections? This would be for listening to music on another set of speakers in the kitchen. I've read in some places that only analog audio can go to the zone 2 speakers. If this is true, any workarounds?

Thanks!

PS, if there's an RC260 owners thread please point me to it and I can ask there instead.

·
Registered
9,396 Posts
Hi mitchy, there is an "Official" Onkyo TX-SR608 Thread which is similar as the RC260.

1. no it will not, another work around would be to connect Wii (video & audio) directly to Tv and run an optical cable from Tv "Digital Audio Out" to receiver. Or get a Wii2HDMI adaptor from neoya and connect it to the receiver and set receiver to Standby.

2. no it will not, in addition to HDMI cable from Tivo also connect analog RCA (red & white) cables to receiver (as Zone 2 only plays analog).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts