AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an Onkyo HT-S3300 and have it all set up. I didn't have any problems except for when I tried hooking up my Wii. I have tried everything I can think of but I can not get the video to work. I can get the Wii audio to work, but there is no video. If anyone has any suggestions to how I should connect the Wii it would be greatly appretiated. Thanks!

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
How is it connected? How is the TV connected? The receiver may not be able to convert the Wii analog video to HDMI, which could cause issues depending on how you hooked it up.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougthead /forum/post/19516910

The HDTV is connected using HDMI and I was trying to use component cable to hook up the Wii.

HDTV connected to receiver with HDMI, so the receiver has to convert component to HDMI or you don't get video, right? And perhaps this receiver can't convert the analog component video to HDMI, which would explain your issue.

·
Registered
9,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougthead /forum/post/19516910

The HDTV is connected using HDMI and I was trying to use component cable to hook up the Wii.

Hi Doughead, the HT-S3300 does not upconvert analog video to HDMI.

You will need to connect a component video output cable to Tv.

·
Registered
9,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaace /forum/post/19555885

can someone post exact directions of how to hook up where? I've tried everything as well. Should I just hook it up directly to the TV?

Thanks!

Hi alphaace, since S3300 does not upconvert analog video to HDMI just connect the Wii (video and audio) directly to Tv and run an optical cable from Tv to receiver.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Following the advice from JChin will be the easiest solution, but assuming your TV doesn't have an optical audio out, here's what to do:

First, I'm assuming by 'component' you mean red/blue/green. If you only have a yellow cable, this is even easier (the principle is the same.)

Second, use this for reference: http://filedepot.onkyousa.com/Files/...5b7d2e7f163436

Go to page 8, which is what I'll be referencing.

Plug your audio cables in as you normally would, then plug the component cables in to "IN-1" and connect a second set of component cables to "OUT" (both of these are on the left side, in a box that says "COMPONENT VIDEO."

Connect the second set of cables to your TV. The remote that comes with your system does not have the ability to use macros--you will need to manually change the input on your TV each time you want to switch between the Wii and Cable (or whatever your other input is.) Your remote can control your TV (if you input the correct remote codes, see the owner's manual for that), so on the bright side it'll be down to 3-4 button presses.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for everyone's help! With some tinkering I got it to work and now Super Mario Galaxy 2 plays in surround sound. AWESOME.

I've just ordered the RGB cables for the wii to hopefully increase the resolution to 480p and make it look even better. Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts