AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the new Dell Vostro Slim 220 showed up and I set it up. Reciever is an Onkyo HT-S5100 system with simple HDMI pass through. I am running HDMI from the NVidia card to the pass through HDMI on the Onkyo and it is having problems. The Vostro is not picking up on the projector which is a Panasonic AX200 when run through the Onkyo receiver. All other video work through the onkyo via hdmi (cable Box, DVD) just not the pc. When I run the PC directly to the projector via HDMI it appears to work fine. Am I missing something? Is there a solution for this other then running a second HDMI cable to the projector?

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
148 Posts
Try a 24Hz refresh rate on your nvidia card. My onkyo 875 receiver only works at 24Hz.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramc /forum/post/18227128

Try a 24Hz refresh rate on your nvidia card. My onkyo 875 receiver only works at 24Hz.

changed the refresh rate to 24Hz...no go. I ordered a second hdmi cable to run from the PC to the second hdmi input on the projector. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Jon

·
Registered
148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggles02673 /forum/post/18234196

changed the refresh rate to 24Hz...no go. I ordered a second hdmi cable to run from the PC to the second hdmi input on the projector. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Jon

I connect directly to my sony xbr as well. Too many issues with the onkyo receiver, just wasn't built for an htpc source I guess. Too bad I cant get bitstreaming since I'm using a optical cable.

However I did have reasonable success with older nvidia drivers 180/ 181. So you might want to give it a shot. But I noticed issues with certain tv channels, and just gave up.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
BTW in general G45 IGP is better than GeForce 310 (= OEM of 210; if this is your card) in video playback. HDMI pass-through is a waste; G45/GeForce 310 support multichannel LPCM over HDMI, why not use it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.