AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for for some answers around the web (and here) but couldn't find anything. I understand the HT-S5100 won't process any audio through HDMI, thus I cannot get 7.1 HDMI, but is there any way for it to possibly mix the audio and "fake it"? right now I only have 5 active speakers, and it feels like somewhat of a waste if they only get used when I play music via the iPod dock (can't get them to play for anything else).

Any tips?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby EX, DTS-ES Matrix, DTS Neo:6

All of these modes derive info for the back 2 surrounds thru various methods assuming you have the back 2 speakers connected and programmed in. They can be accessed via the listening mode buttons on the remote. They are discussed on page 71 of the instruction manual.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandM /forum/post/15582795

Look here.

Thanks man, the receiver does support Prologic IIx

The question is, if I used Prologic IIx, will it still offer me the 5.1 audio and just mix the rear 2 speakers, or will it destroy the 5.1 signal and offer it's own mix? I tried reading the FAQ, but it's a little greek to me

To end the questions (lol) I tried to switch my receiver to PLIIx, but the display only shows PLII (missing the x). I'll spend some time with the manual to see if I can figure out why. Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_con /forum/post/15582944

Thanks man, the receiver does support Prologic IIx

The question is, if I used Prologic IIx, will it still offer me the 5.1 audio and just mix the rear 2 speakers, or will it destroy the 5.1 signal and offer it's own mix? I tried reading the FAQ, but it's a little greek to me

To end the questions (lol) I tried to switch my receiver to PLIIx, but the display only shows PLII (missing the x). I'll spend some time with the manual to see if I can figure out why. Thanks again for the help!

Try connecting the rear speakers and re-running audyssey first.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just re-read your post... its not clear to me but do you have the back speakers hooked up and recognized by adyssey? If so the Dolby Pro Logic IIx should work. Do you have speakers installed on zone 2 ? If so... when B speakers are selected you will only have 5.1 available in the main room.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms89 /forum/post/15582910

Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby EX, DTS-ES Matrix, DTS Neo:6

All of these modes derive info for the back 2 surrounds thru various methods assuming you have the back 2 speakers connected and programmed in. They can be accessed via the listening mode buttons on the remote. They are discussed on page 71 of the instruction manual.

Thanks man
I appreciate the help!

Will double check my connections (pretty sure they are connected). Will run Audyssey again! Thanks again man, I'm new to all this, so I really appreciate it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts