AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I hooked this up to my sammy blu-ray player (5.1 outputs to 5.1 inputs), but movies sound better with the optilic hooked up. I thought if I hooked it up analog I would get the new dd+ ect. out of it, Am I wrong and should I go for a receiver with hdmi??

· Registered
13,326 Posts
The Samsung does not support any advanced codecs. If you select a lossless PCM track on the title it should give you that just fine out the analog multi-channel. It seems best to have both hooked up, or that is what many report anyways. I generally thought the 5.1 analog output was fine while I had it hooked up that way though.

Is this your first time using yoru 5.1 analog inputs? Generally you will find the levels very low compared to coax/optical, and the sub channel may need a lot of trim volume to perform as expected.

Generally what you end up with is better audio at a lot lower level, and will have tirn the main volume a lot more to make it loud enough.

· Registered
13,326 Posts
You may find identical results with your HD-DVD player with the 5.1. But at leats it has the advanced audio codecs. I actually had them hooked up the other way around, because it seemed so many Blu-ray titles offered LPCM tracks, so I used the 5.1 input on the Samsung.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.