AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen posts on this forum saying that the Onkyo HT-S590S can be had for $149. The closest I can find is the $199 refurb unit on Onkyo's site. Can someone please direct me to the lower price?

Also, have the problems with the hissing from the front speakers been alleviated with later receivers or is this still causing major problems?

Thanks

Barry

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryPo /forum/post/0

I have seen posts on this forum saying that the Onkyo HT-S590S can be had for $149. The closest I can find is the $199 refurb unit on Onkyo's site. Can someone please direct me to the lower price?

Also, have the problems with the hissing from the front speakers been alleviated with later receivers or is this still causing major problems?

Thanks

Barry

Only Club Onkyo members get the $149 price. It will specify under the price in red letters *Club Onkyo Special - Login for details.

All you have to do is sign up with the website and then log in. When you sign up with the site you get points you can use for a $10 credit on your first purchase. The price you'll see after you log in is $159 and when you place it in your cart and use the $10 credit, final price is $149.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot Jakeman. I found it. I still am still somewhat hesitant to purchase this set because of the hissing from the front speakers. Can someone verify that the problem has been fixed?

Barry

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I don't think you'll be able to confirm that eather way. It's my personal belief that the problem has been corrected in newer packaged because the 590 came out around 8/9 months ago. As soon as it did the forums were flooded with the same issue, gradually over time it has trickled down, you still see some current post but in no way the numbers that were coming in when the system first came out. I'm guessing it's probably older stock that is still on the shelves. If you do receive a receiver with the problem it has been isolated to a grounding issue of the speaker terminals which fix usually just invloves the turn of a screw. It's in the 590 thread somwhere, probably months back but it's there. Or you could alway send the receiver to onkyo for exchange.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jakeman,

I am leaning toward the 590, but I am really tempted by the 790. I need to get it for $290 or less though and the best I can find anywhere for the 790 is $339 shipped for a refurb model on onkyo's website.

Barry

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I don't think you'll see $290 unless it's an open box somewhere or an individual selling it possibly, but anything can happen, good luck. The 790 msrp price is $499 and that's before shipping and tax if applicable. Shoponkyo has the 790 for $339 including shipping and these heavy big boxed systems aren't cheap to ship.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.