AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the Yamaha system last month for $200 (floor display) at BB, but Crutchfield's offering the Onkyo for only $50 more.

I've tried dissecting the specs, but was hoping for more input for you all. The Yamaha's sounded decent so far, but anyone with personal experiences with the Onkyo system, I'd love your input..

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Very comparable entry HTIB systems. Both come with quality receivers which sets Yamaha and Onkyo apart from the rest imo.

As far as sound and or performance, about the same. If you've got the Yamaha and are happy with it I woudn't advise trading systems unless it's for a specific function that you need. Other than that, it's a sideways move.

If you're itching for better sound than the substandard speakers and sub you'll get in any htib package I'd recommend put the $50 difference you're willing to spend on the swap and add to it when your budget permits. A speaker upgrade, especially in the front and center and or a sub upgrade is going to make far more difference in the way this system performs over trading it for a comparable Onkyo htib system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts