AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new heme theater

Just boughtn Onkyo ht-sr800 and want to set it up as a 5.1 system. Can I use the audessey microphone to do this, or must I have all 7 speakers hooked up? Any advice on how to hook this system up as 5.1 would really be appreciated

·
Registered
30,710 Posts
Yes. Read the manual on how to set the system for 5.1 and use the Audyssey mic+setup procedure.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cst0215 /forum/post/12875178

Hello, I am new heme theater

Just boughtn Onkyo ht-sr800 and want to set it up as a 5.1 system. Can I use the audessey microphone to do this, or must I have all 7 speakers hooked up? Any advice on how to hook this system up as 5.1 would really be appreciated

Hook up your front left & right, center channel, subwoofer and the two surround speakers (leaving the surround back l & r speakers disconnected.) This will give you 5.1 and you can then run the Audessey for auto setup.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Actually, WFBowen is mistaken. In my experience, I tried to configure the Audessey using only a 5.1 configuration and it did not work. The system forces you to hook up all 7.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimpally /forum/post/12947895

Actually, WFBowen is mistaken. In my experience, I tried to configure the Audessey using only a 5.1 configuration and it did not work. The system forces you to hook up all 7.

Did you go into setup and make sure the surround backs were set to 'none' before running Aud. program?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I'm running 5.1 also, auto setup should detect how many speakers are connected or just go into the speaker setup menu and turn surround back to "none", no big deal.

snaimpally:

I dont' know what problems you had in trying to configure the receiver for 5.1 use but I can assure you wfbowen wasn't mistaken. It can be configured as anything from 2.0 up to 7.1. If Audessy isn't detecting the configuration you're trying to use then enter it manually in the speaker setup menu and then run audessy. If that doesn't help and you've double checked all your connections then contact CS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts