AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to PC Richards this weekend to pick up the Sony DAV-HDX275 for about $250.00. Now, I've been reading some forums on the Sony HTiB, and people have been saying that its trash compared to an Onkyo system. I've been watching the Onkyo HT-908 for some time, but its $700.00, which I cannot afford right now, and my wife would kill me if I do get that. So, I need to get something under $300.00. You guys got some input for me?

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
The Onkyo has much more flexibility as far as auxiliary inputs for digital audio from dvd players, BD players, or HD sat or cable boxes. The Sony afaik only has one external audio input which is only 2 channel analog.

The only thing I'd object to about the HTS3100 is it's passive sub, which really limits your speaker upgrade path and draws a lot of power from the receiver. The HTS4100 comes with a proper powered sub, which means it has a sub out rca jack on the receiver-this reduces the power load on the receiver and also allows you to upgrade the sub in the future. Crutchfield has it on sale for $349.

·
Registered
260 Posts
PC Richards sells the Yamaha YHT-390 for $350. It's got HDMI pass through, a powered sub, and overall a better system than the Onkyo 310..so, I'd suggest that

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to check that out. But again, My budget is only $300 bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts