AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased two awesome Pioneer subwoofers (Andrew Jones) to use with my 636. When I use the included microphone to set levels on the 636, both subwoofers are detected . However, if I'm viewing a movie in Dolby Surround, etc, only one subwoofer comes on consistently and it's always the same one.

Each subwoofer is connected to the Onkyo by a single RCA plug into the left RCA jack on the subwoofer.

Any ideas on how I can get both subwoofers to fire?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
If the subs have an "Auto On" type circuit, the input signal strength may be too weak to the problem sub. Try raising the subwoofer channel gain in your receiver. You can lower the volume on the sub's amp to compensate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you using a Y connector out of the Onkyo or going to the sub?
Nope. Just a single RCA cable to each subwoofer.

But what I find interesting is using the receiver's AccuEQ OSD graphic, it does reflect that two subwoofers are there and recognized. But in that menu there's only one subwoofer that I can set off or on. It seems to be that way by design, which is odd.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Nope. Just a single RCA cable to each subwoofer.
But what I find interesting is using the receiver's AccuEQ OSD graphic, it does reflect that two subwoofers are there and recognized. But in that menu there's only one subwoofer that I can set off or on. It seems to be that way by design, which is odd.
A TX-NR636 only has 1 subwoofer output jack. If you've hooked up your second sub to a different output jack (eg. Pre Out), that's why you're having problems. Attach a Y-cable to the "Subwoofer" RCA jack and connect both subwoofer cables to that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts