AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably going to purchase the Onkyo NR1007 to run 5.1 + Heights and a Zone 2 (2 ceiling speakers).

My question is, which Emotiva Amp to buy?

The XPA-3 to power the L/C/R and let the receiver do the rest?

The UPA-7?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the 3007 with and XPA-3 powering the front 3. The Onkyo powering the sides and rear. It depends on your speakers and size of room.

The Emo's are beasts. Remember to have enough power going to your equipment. I have the XPA, Receiver and Klipsch sub amp all on different circuits.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My build so far:

2-20A circuits to the AV Rack.

HTS5100, AVS2000

I listen to 95% HT/Gaming, so I would prefer either a 3,5,7 channel amp.

Edit: Room is 14x30Lx9. Will have plenty of bass (CS-18.T). Probably will have high efficiency pro audio speakers for all except the 2-in ceiling zone 2's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would think a 3 channel for the front three and using the receiver amps for the surrounds and second zone.

Just noticed you were in NE as well.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Go with a 3 channel amp for the 3 fronts and let the receiver do the rest.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the UPA-7 due to the price and since I'm running 5.1+ Heights.

No going back now.

I'm planning on buying CHT SHO-10s for at least LCR if not all 7.

Since they have such great sensitivity, I went with the UPA-7.

Still working on the receiver......1007 vs 3008 (XT32 + Sub Eq) is where I'm at.

More help?

PS: If anyone in Lincoln/Omaha wants to help me tune them in, I'm starting a sign up sheet!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1007 vs 3008.

I was reading through the differences and it seemed like the 3008 would do a better job with separate sub outs from the receiver, but I had been planning to do just one amp vs separate ones for the two subs. And I think I would need separate amps for the 3008 to Eq better, and that just adds more money.....

I keep wanting to get a CHT 18.1 Series 2 and a Seaton Submersive...too much dough though....

With my room size I could run up to probably 3 subs....maybe add one down the road?

**I'm located at 150th and Maple.**

This is a couple months old picture from the back of the room, but you get the idea.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to run with the 1007 due to the ID price...hard to beat and I'm not a big 3D believer....

Room acoustics...another thing I haven't even thought of yet!

Any Omaha guys should PM me!

Edit: My 2 subs are going in the front 2 corners...then I was thinking I could add another on that left wall down the road....(access from the AV rack/HVAC room).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.