AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to pull the trigger on an 805 for my new dedicated theater.

After reading the Overheating and Lip Sync issues I am second guessing this purchase now.

Does the 705 suffer from either of these?

Is there any solutions to prevent overheating that don't involve an extra fan....Are there solutions to solve the lip sync....I am not going to use it for gaming really....maybe a Wii down the road!

Thanks!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can't be certain of the 805 and 705, but the 605 also got numerous "runs hot" comments, yet in my own case it runs very benignly warm. I think they just have to have adequate airflow around the case.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I experience some lip synch issues with my Yamaha RX-V2700. Hard to say if the AVR is the culprit though. I have lost HDMI, apparently due to overheating.

I mention all this, because these sort of problems may occur with other AVRs. Lip synch issues may not be strictly related to the AVR domain.

·
Registered
597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgillyjcu /forum/post/12929385

I am ready to pull the trigger on an 805 for my new dedicated theater.

After reading the Overheating and Lip Sync issues I am second guessing this purchase now.

Does the 705 suffer from either of these?

Is there any solutions to prevent overheating that don't involve an extra fan....Are there solutions to solve the lip sync....I am not going to use it for gaming really....maybe a Wii down the road!

Thanks!

My 875 (same amp as the 805) runs at 32C (89.6F), just above average human skin temperature. I use two small fans. It runs no hotter/cooler than my old Yamaha 5890.

I get no Lip synch issues (I believe the DACs are the same in the 875 and 805).

If you faint at the sight of a butterfly flying by then look elsewhere. You hear about these issues because there are so many of these Onkyos being sold compared to the others.

See:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=363

In this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...705964&page=13

·
Registered
632 Posts
To classify it as overheating I guess there is an implication that it should be running cooler. I haven't seen anything from Onkyo or end users that indicates it is running warmer than spec'd. I have one and it is no warmer than other components I've had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts