AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which receiver do you like best as far as power, sound quality, and dsp modes go? I will be purchasing a 7.1 receiver this year in the $1000 range. I may wait until DPL IIx comes out but we'll see. I like music to be bright but not overly bright. My setup is this: Center-Polk Csi40, Fronts-Polk RTi70s, Sides and Rears - Polk RTi28s, Sub Polk PSW505 soon to add an extra sub.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I really like the Pioneer Elite models (I've got a 45TX), but the higher-up Onkyo models are also quite nice (I've spent some time with the older 898 and I liked it very much). IMHO, MCACC should be a deciding factor (53TX and 55TXi have automatic setup/eq and it IS slick!).

MY speakers, Def Tech, are not bright per se, but do have a very detailed sound, IMHO, when driven by my Elite. I would say the Elite has a neutral sound, and any brightness is more due to room/speaker interaction than amp/speaker interaction...

Hope this helps,

Sorny

·
Registered
507 Posts
Pioneer Elite 53tx or 45. This reciever is on the bright side where the Onkyo is not known to be as much.

The Elite pairs well with Def Techs and I agree that it nuetralizes the brightness. However, there is no PLIIx nor a means to upgrade either reciever (53TX or 45TX). Not to sure about the Onkyo.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Milenkod, actually the 45tx has the RS-232C for upgrades like the 55txi. But pioneer doesn't seem forthcoming with upgrades anyway. The only companies I've known in the $1000 price range to offer upgrades are Onkyo, Yamaha, and Marantz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.