AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual says that the rear power outlets are switched and can be controlled by the on/standby switch. I can only get them to switch off if I use the on/off (manual) power button. In other words, you apparently can't shut the rear power off with the remote control using the standby mode.

Am I missing something obvious? I have the cooling fan in my cabinet connected to the rear power outlet, and would like it to shut off when the 797 is n standby mode...

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have an Integra receiver, which is made by Onkyo, and I have a CD player connected into that, and when I hit stand by, it shuts off the CD player...so I think yours should too(even my old Pioneer receiver did).

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
On my Onkyo TS-DX575X, one rear receptacle is switched and one is not - the difference is noted in very fine print on the receiver back panel, but not in the manual.

Gary

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried plugging the fan (by the way, it is a 12 volt computer fan that I have connected to a 9v transformer which is plugged into the Onkyo) and neither outlet will shut down via the remote. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Oink 696.....I read the manual as saying that the two back outlets are turned off (standby) and on as the receiver itself is turned off and on......I find no 'switch' that turns the back plugs on/off independent of the main unit nor any reference via the software

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the 797 and have a CD player and DVD player hooked up to the rear outlet on the receiver.When I put it in standby it shuts the players off,whichever I have on at the time

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it fixed. Unknown to me, Zone 2 was activated. Rear outlets don't shut off when Zone 2 is on. Go figure. Thanks guys...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.