AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem using my Wii with my TX-NR3007 receiver. The Wii is the only device connected by component. Everything else is HDMI, and only an HDMI goes to the TV.

The volume is very loud, and does not adjust with the receiver control. Won't even mute. The receiver shows the volume moving, but the sound is blasting. I have hooked the wii directly to the tv and there is no problem. Ideas?

·
Banned
16,232 Posts
So how did you connect the Wii's audio to the avr if not by HDMI? Optical? Assume you assigned the Wii input on the avr for component video but not sure about the audio. If all is correctly connected, could be defective or perhaps needs a firmware update or maybe just try a reset.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the wii Component cable has audio as well. One connection to Wii, component and two audio cables. all go into input 1 on the AVR. yes, component input 1 is assigned to GAME.

also, did the latest firmware last night. no change,

·
Registered
9,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORIAMBILL  /t/1471313/onkyo-receiver-and-wii-volume-issue#post_23279250

The volume is very loud, and does not adjust with the receiver control. Won't even mute. The receiver shows the volume moving, but the sound is blasting. I have hooked the wii directly to the tv and there is no problem. Ideas?

Hi FORIAMBILL, is this static sound that's blasting or the actual audio from the Wii?

·
Banned
16,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORIAMBILL  /t/1471313/onkyo-receiver-and-wii-volume-issue#post_23279516

the wii Component cable has audio as well. One connection to Wii, component and two audio cables. all go into input 1 on the AVR. yes, component input 1 is assigned to GAME.

also, did the latest firmware last night. no change,

I see, the video is component, the audio composite in that case. One input on the avr? with 5 cables? neat trick that

You mention component input 1 is game, what did you do with the audio?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts