AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an Onkyo TX-SR600 receiver, the remote is supposed to be able to learn commands from other devices' remotes. It's having a hard time learning codes from my ReplayTV 5040 remote. Has anyone else experienced this? Controling my Replay with the Onkyo remote makes it work correctly once or twice, but then act very unstable, to the point where I have to do a cold reboot.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dunno about the ReplayTV (seems bizarre that a wrong remote code could force a *reboot*) but I have the Onkyo TX-SR700 which I think is the same remote. I saw some odd/intermittent behavior after it learned some commands from another remote, but it turned out that I had not done the 'learn' properly - I think you have to keep holding the Onkyo's button down until the led flashes. If you don't, the led may still flash so you think it worked, but it doesn't.

I repeated the learn process, following the instructions carefully, and it's working well now. This is with a Samsung directv tuner.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. I've followed the directions very carefully, however it still makes the Replay misbehave. I'll be calling Onkyo to see what they have to say next.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.