AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a decent reciever TX-SR304 .NOt wanting any thing over the top I will be buying peices at a time

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Yeah it's a quality budget receiver. Doesn't have as many inputs or features as the higher models but if it fits your needs it's a great receiver to build around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just purchased new AV equipment for my apartment. I have a Onkyo TX-SR304 with Sony SSF6000 tall, floor standing, front speakers and a Sony SA-W2500 sub-woofer running from it.

Last night I noticed on several different DVDs that the sound would be fine for awhile and then you would almost hear like a skip or a pop or maybe even turn it's on volume down when it went from one scene to the next or just for no reason at all. On movie I was watching it was non-stop and I just chalked up to it being a bad sound mix or something. Then I put on the special edition of A Nightmare on Elm St. and it happened less frequently and the again with the speical edition of Transformers.

Any idea what might be causing this? I check all the connection and even tweaked the db levels and volumes throughout the films but it some spots it would still happened.

Confused and Frustrated...please help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem as Bleck...

The avr doesn't get hot at all. It just start skipping or dropping lots of sounds after running a movie or a game from any source used after few minutes.

When I turn the AVR off/on again. it works perfect for few minutes then the sound cutoffs starts again...

Using Banana Plugs on speakers and regular plugging on the AVR since my banana plugs doesn't fit in the AVR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts