AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Onkyo s7700 configured for 5.1.2. I have gone through the initial setup and test tones are coming out of the 2 front Atmos speakers as expected.

I am using the Xbox One as my blu ray player. I have configured it out to bitstream format.

I just purchased John Wick blu ray and played the Atmos track but I am not hearing anything coming out of the front height speakers. The Onkyo receiver is configured for DIRECT listening mode, which I expect the Atmos effect to be present.

Please help me determine where the issue is.

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On your Onkyo remote cycle the white "movie/tv" button until Dolby Atmos is displayed in the lower right corner of you video screen. You should be good to go.

bubba
Is Dolby Atmos something I have to toggle through like Dolby Surround, Direct, etc? I don't see the option for Atmos.

Is it dependent on the blu ray player? I am using an Xbox One and there are web articles saying that even though XB1 is outputting bitstream, it can't handle the Atmos data.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have no direct knowledge of the Xbox One, but with disc in Xbox,select Atmos in the startup menu of John Wick and hit play.
As the movie starts cycle through the "movie/tv" button and see if you can get to Dolby Atmos in the lower right side of your display.
Your Xbox is connected the your Onkyo receive with HDMI isn't it?
I don't have an Xbox One ,I use an Oppo 103.
I my opinion John Wick is the best Atmos release yet.

Bubba

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no direct knowledge of the Xbox One, but with disc in Xbox,select Atmos in the startup menu of John Wick and hit play.
As the movie starts cycle through the "movie/tv" button and see if you can get to Dolby Atmos in the lower right side of your display.
Your Xbox is connected the your Onkyo receive with HDMI isn't it?
I don't have an Xbox One ,I use an Oppo 103.
I my opinion John Wick is the best Atmos release yet.

Bubba
Yes, Xbox is connected via HDMI.
Cycling through the listening modes on the Onkyo, there is no option for Atmos.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Atmos option is apparently only available when the bitstream contains the Atmos information.
It sounds like, as you said above, the Xbox One may not be passing the Atmos information on to you Onkyo.

Bubba

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.