AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 Due to the problems I've had with my receivers I need a replacement. I am going to get either the Onkyo SR-509 or the Denon AVR591. Both have Audyssey, both have 4 HDMI inputs, both suport 3D, but the Onkyo has an OSD and costs $30 more. Which would you buy. I'm ordering it off Amazon tomorrow.

EDIT: Also the Onkyo has more non-HDMI connections. All of my sources have HDMI out, so its not a huge consideration for me, but it is a difference.

·
Registered
29,307 Posts
the other advantage of the 509 in the ethernet connection for streaming internet radio, Pandora, etc. If that has no value to you get the Denon for the better Audyssey.

The Onkyo analog video inputs are not converted to HDMI but the Denon's are, even though there are less of them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm... Sounds like the Denon would be better for me. I don't plan on running a zone 2, I've lived this long without an OSD, and the better Audessey sounds like something I would like. And between my Blu-Ray player and my Xbox 360, I already have all the online streaming I need. Plus with the $30 I save I can get a Harmony 300i.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.