AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the SR607 worth $34.00 more or is the new SR508 better?

I'm having a hard time shopping for a receiver. At least I seem to have narrowed it down to Onkyo. Harmon Kardon didn't seem to have one equivalent in the $350ish price range.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGrooves /forum/post/18296576

I too am curious how Onkyo's new line compares to the previous line.

I was hoping to see the SR508 and the SR607 in a comparison chart, perhaps also with the the SR608 and the Pioneer VSX-920.

I may be forced to create such a chart myself. (Oh, the horror.)

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm more interested to see the rest of the Onkyo xx08 lineup. I'm wondering if we'll see the new HQ Vida chip in their 808 and higher lineup.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGrooves /forum/post/18296576

I'm having a hard time shopping for a receiver. At least I seem to have narrowed it down to Onkyo. Harmon Kardon didn't seem to have one equivalent in the $350ish price range.

Depends. Did they bring upscaling to the 508? Inputs vs inputs?

607 is nice kit for sure.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, after looking a little closer, I decided the 607 was a better option, so I sprung for the extra $45 and got it. I also don't have to wait as long since the 508 won't be out until April.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc /forum/post/18309738

I too am curious how Onkyo's new line compares to the previous line.

I was hoping to see the SR508 and the SR607 in a comparison chart, perhaps also with the the SR608 and the Pioneer VSX-920.

I may be forced to create such a chart myself. (Oh, the horror.)

You can go on the Onkyo website and do a side by side comparison with any Onkyo models. Other sites like Crutchfield will allow you to compare any of the models from various manufacturers that they sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGrooves /forum/post/18325672

I think the 508 only has some new PLIIz. I dont' know what that's for, but thought it would be better than the 507. But, since the 607 is just a few bucks more, I wondered if I should get it instead.

Here is the side by side comparison of the two.
http://www.onkyousa.com/products_compare.cfm

They have to actually go to the website. You can't post a URL of the comparison chart. It says direct links don't work.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I hope you know that the 508 is hdmi 1.4 and the 607 is hdmi 1.3 so for the future you will not be able to use 3D or hdmi audio return channel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts