AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an annoying problem with my Onkyo SR605. I have 2 HDMI inputs hooked up to a PS3 and a TivoHD and 1 HDMI output hooked up to an Optoma HD80. The annoying thing is that when I switch from some resolutions particularly from 720 to 1080 on the PS3, the SR605 does not seem to automatically switch. I have to go into the SR605's menu (with the remote) and then exit the menu. Once I do this, the display "understands" the new resolution and works fine. It is annoying to have to enter the menu each time I want to switch from 720p to 1080p though. Any idea what is wrong? Is there a firmware update that can fix this? Thanks in advance for help!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
What do you mean switch resolutions on your PS3? Why are you doing that? Just set it for all the resolutions that your TV can accept and leave it. You aren't manually switching the PS3 depending on the resolutiuon of your BluRays are you, ie: game or movie?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by audigeek /forum/post/18133887

Hey Easy! The PS3 switches resolution as I go from the menu system (or a game) to a Bluray. It does it automatically.

I guess I am not understanding what you are getting at. Does your projector go blank during these resolution switches? Does the 605's front panel indicate the resolution change?

edit: I don't know if this is possible or if it will work but a possible fix might be to "uncheck" all the resolutions up to 1080p in your PS3 menu. That may force it to output 1080p all the time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Easy - interesting suggestion, let me try it! What happens is that the screen goes blank during a resolution change, as it normally does when it "clicks" to a new resolution... but in this case it never "clicks" to the new resolution - it just stays blank until I go into the 605's menu and back out of the menu again. Does that make sense?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.