AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all my sources (HD-DVR, HD_DVD, Blu-ray) connected to the 875 via HDMI and Component cables, then component out to my legacy TV that doesn't have HDMI in. I get great 1080i picture over component and the unit processes Dolby True-HD over HDMI no problem. When I hit setup to make any changes to the receiver, however, the 875's OSD doesn't come up correctly via component output...I have to connect to the TV via S-Video as well and select the S-video input on the TV to do the setup. While connected over component, I do see the volume control and input selections on the TV.

Is this an issue with the 875's setup OSD or do I have a something set incorrectly?

Apprec. the help.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clamage /forum/post/13003050

I have all my sources (HD-DVR, HD_DVD, Blu-ray) connected to the 875 via HDMI and Component cables, then component out to my legacy TV that doesn't have HDMI in. I get great 1080i picture over component and the unit processes Dolby True-HD over HDMI no problem. When I hit setup to make any changes to the receiver, however, the 875's OSD doesn't come up correctly via component output...I have to connect to the TV via S-Video as well and select the S-video input on the TV to do the setup. While connected over component, I do see the volume control and input selections on the TV.

Is this an issue with the 875's setup OSD or do I have a something set incorrectly?

Apprec. the help.

Make sure HDMI Monitor is set to No.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. HDMI is set to NO so no HDMI out and component passes thru as component and S-Video passes through as S-Video or is upconverted to component output according to the diagram on page 29 (which is puzzling why the setup OSD comes out on S-Video fine but garbled on component). Monitor Out resolution is set to 1080i. As I mentioned, the volume and input buttons do come over the component output so I can see the volume level etc when using the remote.

Other thoughts? Customer support has been particularly unhelpful, even downright incompetent so far (after 30+ minute waits to get a person who is clueless). Hoping the combined experience here will set me straight.

PS. I also have an old Escient hooked up via S-Video, and I DO see that on the component out, so it is upconverting correctly...its just the SR875s setup OSD that's not output correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts