AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace an old Sony receiver. This is my secondary system, so don't need top of the line. Just need something that can handle 5.1. has possible WiFi streaming and Sirius. Also would like to connect an iPod easily. Bluetooth is a plus too but not necessary.

Is one of these receivers much better than the other? Looking to spend under $300

Thanks in advance.

·
The Village Idiot
9,713 Posts
If you want 5.1 you don't want the 8050. It is a stereo receiver. A good one at that IMO - I own one. Best $200 I've spent for my bedroom setup. It has digital inputs as well as analog. In the $300 price range I'd shop refurbished. I'd also be looking at Denon and Yamaha - Onkyo has had many problems with their HDMI boards in past models and it isn't yet known just how serious they've taken the issue with their latest offerings. Saving $.10 per HDMI board netted them lots of hard feelings from former customers - I'm one of them - x3. Three lousy products I got burned on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.