Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking for a set of speaker to use with my new Onkyo 595 receiver.

I'm evaluating the Klipsch reference series (RF3,RC3,RS3) but speaking with a Klipsch reseller here in Italy, seems my receiver hasn't enough power to drive these.

What You think?

If these speaker doesn't match with my amplifier, which brand/model do you suggest for the same price?

Bye

Fabrizio

P.S.:I will use these speaker not in a dedicated room, but in my living room. The room's size is 8X3.5 meters.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I would think you should be able to drive Klipsch just fine. Considering that this line of speaker is famous for its sensitivity.

98dB @ 1watt/1meter I have no idea why this sales person would suggest you couldn't drive the speaker.

You might not get the very best performance out of them that's possible with a more powerful amp, but I'm pretty certain you should have no problems driving these speakers.

http://www.hometheatersound.com/equi..._reference.htm

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just picked up a set myself (RF-3 IIs, RS-3 IIs, RC-3 II, and KSW-12). I have a Harman/Kardon AVR 510. 70 watts per channel. I can't turn it up halfway without physical pain (so l leave it at about three quarters! Tee-hee!).

The 595 can power these speakers effortlessly. Get them. I'm seriously considering calling in sick tomorrow so I can stay home and listen some more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!!!!

Now I'm looking for the best price for these speaker (in Italy RF3 cost about 1000$!! vs 600$ in USA!! )

Do you know where I can buy online at the best price these speakers?

Thanks

Fabrizio

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Considering you're in Italy, I'm leaning towards recommending you buy them local.

When you include the cost of shipping to Italy, and chances something can happen, it might be worth the extra $$$'s for security and ability to return them if you end up not liking the sound.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.