AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I hook an altec Lansing ADA855 subwoofer to the above receiver? The sub is from a 5.1 computer set up I believe the previous owner left it here, when we moved in.

·
Photographer
I have a nice display and a good sound system
17,669 Posts
I'll venture a guess... even a $50 pair of bookshelf speakers will probably outperform that "subwoofer," so don't sweat it. But if it's got an input, then you can certainly give it a shot—just connect it to the subwoofer out on your receiver. You'll need an appropriate cable, of course.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's "certified by THX" my brother in law thinks that means it's amazing (I think it just means you laid a lot for a sticker) I've tried using an appropriate cable and it doesn't seem to power the sub at all. I do have it plugged in. I can't find any way to "turn it on" either, is there a different setting on the receiver that would need to be used? Since the amp is in the sub and dispersed music to the other speakers it appears. I agree the bookshelf speakers probably will sound better. I don't need this speaker hooked up at all but I figured if it's possible why not?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts