AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I'm looking for a Atmos receiver in 7.1.2. I hesitate between this model, but wans't able to listen Onkyo 1030 anywhere in the area. Any opinion, concern ?

Thanks
If you care for Audyssey and/or Auro, then it's 7009
If you care for HDCP 2.2, then it's 1030
"all else is equal".. :D:D:D

·
Banned
16,232 Posts
If I good understand Audyssey is a calibration tools. I know it have a big thread on it, but does it really change the sound ?

Auro I didn't really care.

Does the 135W is a real 135 watts from Onkyo ?
Audyssey is room correction/eq that incorporates calibration. The XT32 version is quite good I think. What do you mean real watts? It's just a 2ch rating...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Audyssey is room correction/eq that incorporates calibration. The XT32 version is quite good I think. What do you mean real watts? It's just a 2ch rating...
And what about if the maps is in 7.1.2 ?

Also do you know If I can connect (like the old B speakers) for an other room, but when in use it deactivated the ceiling speakers ?

·
Banned
16,232 Posts
Don't understand what you mean by "if the maps is in 7.1.2"? You want 9ch driven specs? Don't know, you'd best search to see if anyone has bench tested the unit. Do you plan to put full power into your surrounds/atmos speakers? I don't know much about these avrs particularly, did you check the manuals?

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
Some, not many, don't care for what Audyssey does especially for music.

If you want to run 7.1.2 and another set of speakers get the 3030. It's one of the very few AVRs that has 11 channels of amplification.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't understand what you mean by "if the maps is in 7.1.2"? You want 9ch driven specs? Don't know, you'd best search to see if anyone has bench tested the unit. Do you plan to put full power into your surrounds/atmos speakers? I don't know much about these avrs particularly, did you check the manuals?
maps = amps or receiver sorry for typo. I've not seen any bench test of the unit. Yes I check the manual without too much information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some, not many, don't care for what Audyssey does especially for music.

If you want to run 7.1.2 and another set of speakers get the 3030. It's one of the very few AVRs that has 11 channels of amplification.
The receiver is not for music, it's more for movies and games. Why going to 3030 ? The 1030 have 9 channels of amplification enough for 7.1.2 ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im actually also interested in knowing what u experts would choose between the 2 receivers in the topic :
Marantz SR7009 or Onkyo Tx-NR 1030.

I have alot saying the Marantz is better, but havent got a chance to listen to it and have always loved the onkyo sound, but have had some problems with defective reciever from them.
So have anyone here testet them head to head or know someone who have and so on :grinning: ?

Im about to buy them and there is a great offer on the Marantz, but is in BIIIG doubt what to do.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Well I don't know anything about the Marantz, I do have the TX-NR1030 and it's awesome. It's blown me away at every turn. I'm running a 5.2.4 Atmos setup and the 1030 has more then enough power to drive my Cerwin Vega XLS series speakers. The unit runs nice & cool and it has the capability to run 11ch as others have said with an external amp, which I might do some day. It's an all around great AVR. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I would wait for the next generation Marantz (7010?) to come out this year with HCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0... I would not even consider an Onkyo with all the reliability issues they have been having for the past six years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts