AVS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I see this has 4 sub output jacks, my new sub has a stereo input. Would I just be using both jacks labeled Sub 1 on the back of the Onkyo?

Edit: According to Onkyo Support stereo patch cord from Sub 1 would work just fine.

·
Registered
531 Posts
mobileES

YES

Reactions: mobileES

·
Registered
181 Posts
Is there any mode aside from All Stereo or Dolby Surround that will incorporate ceiling speakers like an Atmos emulation? I've always run most things in THX Surr EX, but that unfortunately doesn't use the ceiling speakers.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I've noticed NEO:X used the height speakers but very lightly.

·
Registered
531 Posts
you wont 4 ceillings speakers work all the time you put all chanel stério .

·
Premium Member
88,600 Posts
Odd, none of the NEO:X use my ceilings. Still only seems Dolby Surround or yes, as mentioned above, All Stereo.
DTS Neo:X simulates audio to "Front Height" and "Front Wide" speakers, so if you are using any "height" speaker designation other than "Front Height", no audio would be simulated to your ceiling speakers.

·
Registered
181 Posts
DTS Neo:X simulates audio to "Front Height" and "Front Wide" speakers, so if you are using any "height" speaker designation other than "Front Height", no audio would be simulated to your ceiling speakers.
That would explain things. I have mine set to Middle

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
they are starting to come out yes.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Most are Atmos with only a handful in DTS X
At the moment yes but you do buy an AVR for more then 6 months???

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Soon DTS:X will be just as common as Atmos. It's just been late to the party that's all.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
but you can just run two cables from your player, one directly into the TV or projector for video and the other for sound in the AVR. Most new UHD players are designed this way for this very reason.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Unfortunately no.
but you can just run two cables from your player, one directly into the TV or projector for video and the other for sound in the AVR. Most new UHD players are designed this way for this very reason.
I still don't understand why this continues, if the AVR has HDMI switching that they don't do just that switch, they should be completely transparent to the video stream... :mad:

181 - 200 of 257 Posts