AVS Forum banner

241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Been grabbing some Hi-Res Audio files from the net. Does anyone know why the USB port has limited supported sampling rates of FLAC files? Manual says sampling rates of 176.4 kHz and 192 kHz are not supported.

Has anybody connected a Hi-Res Audio device to this AVR?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Onkyo TX-NR3030 no sound from hdmi

Hello folks,

I've received my early christmas gift from Onkyo ... :(
No more hdmi audio for me.

The AV receiver does however shows me all the speakers icons, but no sound.
Is this a reflow candidate or do I need to solder a new part ?

Any DIY advice you tech's can give me ?

Thanks Yves

·
Registered
402 Posts
Have you check any other digital inputs/sources?
Hello folks,

Thanks Yves

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hello folks,

Thanks Yves

That’s happened on my 1030 a few times. All I had to do was do a factory reset and that fixed it both times it’s happened to me. It will wipe out all your settings so if you try it write them down beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tried all of the above and nothing ...

Factory reset => no effect
Other HDMI inputs and outputs => no effect

I only get sound from non HDMI sources, like USB, network streaming, tuner, ...
The TX display also shows me the correct audio format.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Highlights/Specs:
*11.4 channels of power (allows up to 7.4.4 setup!)
*Dolby Atmos processing
*THX® Select2™ Plus Certified
*135 Watt (per channel) @ 8 Ohms
*185 Watt (per channel) @ 6 Ohms
*Wide Range Amplifier Technology (WRAT)
*HDMI 2.0 for 4K Video at 60 fps, and HDCP 2.2 Compatibility
*Separate Block Construction
*Dual 32-bit DSP Engines for High-Resolution Audio
*192K/32 Bit DACs (TI Burr-Brown 2ch x 7)
*4 subwoofer outputs (2 Pre-outs)
*Built-in Ethernet, Bluetooth (2.1 + EDR) & Wi-Fi® (802.11b/g/n)
*Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM Internet Radio, Slacker, AUPEO! and TuneIn
*DLNA 1.5
*Three HDMI Outputs for Multizone Video
*4K Video Upscaling and ISF Calibration
*MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, LPCM and DSD up to 5.6MHz
*Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL)
*InstaPrevue Input Source Prevue
*Marvell Qdeo (30p) Upscaling
*Multi-Zone Audio and Front Channel Bi-Amping
*11.4 pre-outs, balanced XLR pre-outs, VGA PC input and powered/line outputs
*Built-in fan
*Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 110 dB (Line, IHF-A)
*Power Supply: AC 120 V, 60 Hz
*Weight: 48.5 lbs (22.0 kg)
*Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 7 13/16" x 18 3/8" (435 mm x 199 mm x 466.5 mm)
*Warranty: 2 years (from Onkyo)

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Strange thing I noticed the other day, the AVR has the LPF set to 120hz, so I set the bypass switch on the sub. When I flip that switch to use the sub's internal filter, which is set to 120hz as well, more bass is produced. Should be the same I'm thinking?

Also, in 2.1 Stereo mode, the bass volume is a lot lower than in All Channel Stereo.

Wondering if there is something wrong with my AVR....

My sub is a Velodyne VA-1215XII.

Edit: Nevermind, plugged in my 2nd Velodyne, same settings, switch the bypass/internal x-over switch on the sub, no difference in volume. So it seems the issue is in the bypass switch on my 1st sub.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Onkyo TX-NR3030 doing 7.4.2 Atmos?

Hi all,

I have an Onkyo TX-NR3030, and recently managed to get a few THX speakers, 4 Atmos speakers and a subwoofer extra (All Onkyo)

The Onkyo is an 11.2 device, and I would like to setup the speakers in a 7.4.2 configuration (In essence using all the speakers I have got).

As the Onkyo isn 't really recent anymore (I know it can do Atmos), I wonder if the device will actually let me setup the speaker configuration in a 7.4.2 setup...

I hope that someone here can confirm this and maybe give me some pointers what to think of when setting it up like that...

All the speakers are THX certified (except for the Atmos probably). and I am also not too sure whether I should use optical or just use the HDMI ports for best results?

I am not ver knowledgable in this area, so any input from you is appreciated 🙂

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Oops, messed up the order: I meant 7.2.4 (2 subs, 4 atmos)
This shouldn't be problem, during the sound calibration setup it checks if there is a 2nd sub. I've ran 2 subs off of it before just experimenting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi all
can someone confirm that nr3030 is able to play ATMOS/DD+ through HDMI ARC?
i have found one used with very good price.

I need a new AVR with ATMOS only from Video on demand, for BD i have oppo 203 with dual HDMI.
Someone can test if ATMOS work with app netflix/prime video? maybe with LG TV.
Thanks very much.

PS: DTS:X not care me ,there aren't any track in italian.

·
Registered
244 Posts
hi all
can someone confirm that nr3030 is able to play ATMOS/DD+ through HDMI ARC?
i have found one used with very good price.

I need a new AVR with ATMOS only from Video on demand, for BD i have oppo 203 with dual HDMI.
Thanks very much.

PS: DTS:X not care me ,there aren't any track in italian.
No, the 3030 doesn't support eARC, the new HDMI spec that can transfer Atmos/Dolby Tru HD through the ARC channel from the tv (tv needs to have eARC as well). However if you have another HDMI device that will stream apps that supports Dolby Atmos you can use that for Netflix/Prime.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, the 3030 doesn't support eARC, the new HDMI spec that can transfer Atmos/Dolby Tru HD through the ARC channel from the tv (tv needs to have eARC as well). However if you have another HDMI device that will stream apps that supports Dolby Atmos you can use that for Netflix/Prime.
NO, netflix like all VOD use ATMOS/DD+ (not True HD ) not need eARC.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You would think Onkyo would have a better on handle on quality control. Go to play some files from a USB drive, display says NO STORAGE. Try another stick, same thing. Do a google search and there is quite a few problems with Onkyo and their USB ports.

Why??

It's the smallest things that are the biggest pain in the ass. Don't feel like resetting this unit and going through the whole setup process again.

·
Registered
271 Posts
hi all

That's my setup, but because the 3030 doesn't support HDMI 2.0b, you can't pass through HDR/DV. So you need a HD Fury AVR Key to split the audio and video stream. I have that connected to my Nvidia Shield 2019. Happy days with Netflix, Amazon and now Disney + doing DV and 7-2-4 ATMOS! (mostly HDR on Amazon, looks like they abandoned DV)

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's my setup, but because the 3030 doesn't support HDMI 2.0b, you can't pass through HDR/DV. So you need a HD Fury AVR Key to split the audio and video stream. I have that connected to my Nvidia Shield 2019. Happy days with Netflix, Amazon and now Disney + doing DV and 7-2-4 ATMOS! (mostly HDR on Amazon, looks like they abandoned DV)
thanks, but i talk about ATMOS with HDMI ARC.

·
Registered
271 Posts
thanks, but i talk about ATMOS with HDMI ARC.

Right. So it's basically the same issue, unfortunately only the higher end HD Fury products will help you here: https://www.hdfury.com/product-category/earc-hdmi/ ($400 + up). Here are your options as I see it:

1. Upgrade the receiver (~$1000) .. unless you're running 7-2-4 like me or need 11 channels => (~$3000)
  2. Give up on using the TV as the player and go to an external source with the AVR Key (~$300 for player & key)
  3. Try one of the high end HD Fury devices ($400+)

I vote for #2 . I don't think any of the major manufactures even bother making standalone monitors anymore (like the Pioneer Elite). The cost of adding on a player is probably less than 5% of the manufacturing cost now and it's a valuable data collection, sales and advertising point of presence plunked into your home. Problem is you want to upgrade/replace that player faster than you want to replace the screen. Hence you get into your pickle.

241 - 257 of 257 Posts