AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Umm.. That overlay is from the Onkyo, not the BD player, and I'm pretty sure the BD player is the input in this situation. How would the BD player know I have 7 speakers and 2 subs? Also, check out the photo of the same overlay here:

http://hdgear.highdefdigest.com/24191/onkyo_txnr3030.html
Good point, then I would suggest that you check the speaker configuration settings in the AVR, after the upgrade it might have reverted to a default setting. You would have to do this in 2-1 as shown in your 3rd image.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Recently upgraded the firmware the my NR3030 and it appears I'm now getting 7.2.0 output rather than 7.2.4. When checking the calibration levels, I get sound out of all the ceiling speakers. Anyone else seeing this? Is there a magic turn on ceiling speakers switch I'm missing somewhere?
Problem solved. Essentially went back into the Speaker Settings, turned off H1 & H2. Saved. Then went in again and made them top front, top back, and the system was happy:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Problem solved. Essentially went back into the Speaker Settings, turned off H1 & H2. Saved. Then went in again and made them top front, top back, and the system was happy:

Glad it worked out...

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
So in essence our 3030 is pretty much useless with say a a 4K projector and UHD player?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I'd love to get proper recommendations for front up firing Atmos speaker placement as I am still not getting the best out of my KEF R50. Angle, Volume levels, distance etc... I don't see this covered anywhere.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'd love to get proper recommendations for front up firing Atmos speaker placement as I am still not getting the best out of my KEF R50. Angle, Volume levels, distance etc... I don't see this covered anywhere.
So your running a 7.1.2 setup?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
I see new from France.

onkyo tx-1030and tx.nr3030 replace to rz-1000 and rz-3000 ,this new avr comming to next summer(2016) whit big power new calibration and change clss a&b for classe D.

i dont know the price .

see this new on avCesar.com

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I see new from France.

onkyo tx-1030and tx.nr3030 replace to rz-1000 and rz-3000 ,this new avr comming to next summer(2016) whit big power new calibration and change clss a&b for classe D.

i dont know the price .

see this new on avCesar.com
Yeah just bought the 3030 a few months ago and now need to upgrade it great thinking from the manufacturers:) the 3000 will be 9.2 only so forget straight out 7.2.4 configuration. I might look for a work around.

·
Registered
531 Posts
they onkyo tx-nr3030 is 2014 ,ALL COMPANY FOR THIS YEAR(2014)NOT HAVE DTS=X AND MANY THINKS,JUST THE CALIBRATION CHANGE AND WHEN YOU KNOW HOW IS WORKING ,IS VERY GOOD .

DONT WORRY BANDYKA YOUR TX-NR3030 IS THE BEAST AND IN SAME THING CATÉGORY,

THE NEW RECEIVER RZ-1000 AND RZ-3000 WE NOT HAVE TO MUCH INFORMATION NOW I SEE THIS INFORMATION IN SITE TO FRANCE .

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
they onkyo tx-nr3030 is 2014 ,ALL COMPANY FOR THIS YEAR(2014)NOT HAVE DTS=X AND MANY THINKS,JUST THE CALIBRATION CHANGE AND WHEN YOU KNOW HOW IS WORKING ,IS VERY GOOD .

DONT WORRY BANDYKA YOUR TX-NR3030 IS THE BEAST AND IN SAME THING CATÉGORY,

THE NEW RECEIVER RZ-1000 AND RZ-3000 WE NOT HAVE TO MUCH INFORMATION NOW I SEE THIS INFORMATION IN SITE TO FRANCE .
Yeah I love my 3030 and do not want to swap it for anything except it won't do HDR unfortunately which is very important to me...

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have a 1030 that I wouldn't trade for anything but a 3030 at the moment. I'll have to see what the 16 models are like. My minimum requirements for the next avr is HDMI 2.0a & HDCP 2.2 on ALL HDMI inputs as well as Atmos & DTS X and HDR of course along with 11.2 channels. I'm currently running a 5.2.4 setup with the plan to go to 7.2.4 next AVR. I'm impressed with the Yamaha RX-A3050 but it doesn't do 7.2.4 on its own power which is a must on my next AVR.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Trigger on external amp?

Santa brought me an Emotiva XPA-3 which I plan on using to power my front 3 channels. I've done some research already and tried a different number of iterations, but is there a way for my 3030 (currently in 7.1.4) to trigger on and off the Emotiva? ... without having to physically switch it from standby to on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
531 Posts
lozin and bandeka

wait for in the middle to 2016 ,whit the new receiver onkyo tx-rz1000 or tx-rz3000 you have all what you want and its very important probably dts-x is ok in this news receivers.:D

·
Registered
589 Posts
lozin and bandeka

wait for in the middle to 2016 ,whit the new receiver onkyo tx-rz1000 or tx-rz3000 you have all what you want and its very important probably dts-x is ok in this news receivers.:D
As long as you are ok with D-class amplifiers. Because that's what the 1000 and 3000 will offer.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
As long as you are ok with D-class amplifiers. Because that's what the 1000 and 3000 will offer.
checked out the specs on the 3000 and it will be inferior to the 3030 in some specs and will only offer 9.1.

·
Registered
589 Posts
checked out the specs on the 3000 and it will be inferior to the 3030 in some specs and will only offer 9.1.
Oh yes, I did forget that none of them will be 11 channels. But it's so simple to buy an external amp for the two missing channels is not an issue.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I not see spécification from tx-rz3000 but it seems this model come whit melange from pioneer and onkyo ,is coming whit class D and calibration whit macc pro from pioneer,but I dont know a much chanels .

I like to onkyo tx-rz3000 whe have 11 chanels ,I like my tx-nr 3030 11 TRUE CHANELS DISCRET. if not have 11 chanels (tx-rz3000)maybe I keep my tx-nr3030.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I not see spécification from tx-rz3000 but it seems this model come whit melange from pioneer and onkyo ,is coming whit class D and calibration whit macc pro from pioneer,but I dont know a much chanels .

I like to onkyo tx-rz3000 whe have 11 chanels ,I like my tx-nr 3030 11 TRUE CHANELS DISCRET. if not have 11 chanels (tx-rz3000)maybe I keep my tx-nr3030.
Small moment in french for Zimmo : L'article français parle bien de 9 canaux pour le RZ3000 et non 11. Mais si tu veux le DTS:X, tu n'auras pas le choix d'upgrader...

The french article stats that the RZ3000 will be 9 channels. But if someone wants to move to DTS:X he will need to upgrade anyway...

101 - 120 of 257 Posts