AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I not see spécification from tx-rz3000 but it seems this model come whit melange from pioneer and onkyo ,is coming whit class D and calibration whit macc pro from pioneer,but I dont know a much chanels .

I like to onkyo tx-rz3000 whe have 11 chanels ,I like my tx-nr 3030 11 TRUE CHANELS DISCRET. if not have 11 chanels (tx-rz3000)maybe I keep my tx-nr3030.
Exactly my point simply they are not making the new receivers as good as the 3030. I just don't get why... I am happy with Atmos no need for DTS:X but I do need HDR.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Same here. My 1030 will have to do for now. I will upgrade my TV to 4K and get a UHD-BD player which should work on input 3 for now. I might be missing a few features by using the 1030 at first but down the road when I find a AVR (either Onkyo or Yamaha) that meets all my requirements then it will be go time. I also have no interest in running 2 separate HDMI cables from the 4K BD player. The 1030 has exceeded all expectations but if I had to do it again I'd have gone with the 3030 and left it at that for a few years. DSU is a great alternative to DTS-X

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Same here. My 1030 will have to do for now. I will upgrade my TV to 4K and get a UHD-BD player which should work on input 3 for now. I might be missing a few features by using the 1030 at first but down the road when I find a AVR (either Onkyo or Yamaha) that meets all my retirements then it will be go time. I also have no interest in running 2 separate HDMI cables from the 4K BD player. The 1030 has exceeded all expectations but if I had to do it again I'd have gone with the 3030 and left it at that for a few years. DSU is a great alternative to DTS-X
The only part I need is HDR which I think will have a workaround for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
did multichannel

hi all
can someone confirm that nr3030 is able to play multi channel dsd through HDMI?
I have rx900 and it supports only DSD stereo and thats why i want to replace it. I heard that on 3030 it supported but i want to be sure
i have a big SACD collection , many of them has multi-channel layer
thanks

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
hi all
can someone confirm that nr3030 is able to play multi channel dsd through HDMI?
I have rx900 and it supports only DSD stereo and thats why i want to replace it. I heard that on 3030 it supported but i want to be sure
i have a big SACD collection , many of them has multi-channel layer
thanks
Can't confirm this but I do play pure DTS multi channel music fine on it via the HTPC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is it normal to get the HDMI startup menu? This only shows up after it has been off for a while. When inputing the cable box, I get a picture briefly, then the black Onkyo screen, then a blue box HDMI startup error screen. The picture then shows up correctly. I also have a second tv with the audio output set to on, and when that tv is on the main sound is only output in stereo. I had upgraded from an older Onkyo with an HDMI splitter to get away from this.

·
Registered
531 Posts
This model replace tx-nr1030 and tx-nr 3030 information for new tx-rz3000 and tx-rz3000.

Tx-rz-1000 9.2 chanels
tx-rz-3000 11.2 chanels
class d
new calibration system whit colaboration together pioneer and onkyo macc pro plus
new scanner system hdr (hight dynamic range):d
dolby atmos &dts-x when?
All hdmi hdcp 2.2
price us around 2000.00 for model tx-rz-1000
price us around 2500.00 for model tx-nr3000
START TO SALE END OF MARS OR APRIL

·
Registered
589 Posts
This model replace tx-nr1030 and tx-nr 3030 information for new tx-rz3000 and tx-rz3000.

Tx-rz-1000 9.2 chanels
tx-rz-3000 11.2 chanels
class d
new calibration system whit colaboration together pioneer and onkyo macc pro plus
new scanner system hdr (hight dynamic range):d
dolby atmos &dts-x when?
All hdmi hdcp 2.2
price us around 2000.00 for model tx-rz-1000
price us around 2500.00 for model tx-nr3000
START TO SALE END OF MARS OR APRIL
Where did you read about 11.2? The news I've read all say 9.2 for both.

·
Registered
531 Posts
in the europe site said for tx-rz3000 11.2 and in this country is strart précommand for end of marsh.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Dang I was hoping for 9.x.6 support! IE. 15 channels

·
Registered
589 Posts
Cool, thanks to both of you.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I see in europe site but you need wait for onkyo us for mores informations .

MAYBE START TO SALE IN US AND CANADA END OF MARS OR APRIL .

·
Registered
27 Posts
I paired the 3030 with my Sharp 80UH30U 4kTV and have a 7.2.4 set up with the Dolby activate pioneer speakers. I just watched Mad Max Fury Road and the picture and sound was like making an IMAX theater in my living room. Having been an audio/video file since the early 90's, this is by far the best set up since I bought my first home theater system with a sub-woofer. Mind Blowing!!!! I have played around with all the sound profiles and I like the Dolby Surround setting the best because it uses all 13 speakers in my 7.2.4 setup.

My only issue is that I had to turn off the CEC HDMI feature on my Sharp TV and the Receiver. With more than one source powered on, I would get intermittent HDMI switching or randomly the TV would turn off and on. I think there is an HDMI communication issue between the TV and Receiver, not sure which or just the combination, but turned the CEC function off and now it works fine. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this.

HIGHLY recommend the 3030, best sounding receiver in with 11 powered channels available IMO.:D

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a rather small question for the owners of the 3030. Do you know if the receiver will accept Dual 2-way Banana plugs? Getting wiring and connectors together, going to be ordering the receiver soon! Found a good price on 8 of these......

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I have a rather small question for the owners of the 3030. Do you know if the receiver will accept Dual 2-way Banana plugs? Getting wiring and connectors together, going to be ordering the receiver soon! Found a good price on 8 of these......
To my knowledge, all recent Onkyo AVRs have 3/4" spacing for their speaker connectors. I've used 3/4" banana plugs for my last 3-4 Onkyo's. If the banana plugs in your picture have 3/4" spacing...you're good to go.

Just curious: If you're buying the 3030 for 11 channel capability, why not wait a couple of months to see what the RZ-3000 offers?

Reactions: mobileES

·
Registered
244 Posts
To my knowledge, all recent Onkyo AVRs have 3/4" spacing for their speaker connectors. I've used 3/4" banana plugs for my last 3-4 Onkyo's. If the banana plugs in your picture have 3/4" spacing...you're good to go.

Just curious: If you're buying the 3030 for 11 channel capability, why not wait a couple of months to see what the RZ-3000 offers?
Ok, thanks for the info on the spacing.

Hmmmm.................. very tempting as I am just now reading about the RZ-3000. To be honest I'm not sure if I want to put off this purchase for a few months, friend of mine has a 3030, I really want it as I am looking forward to Atmos at home ASAP.

·
Premium Member
88,565 Posts
Ok, thanks for the info on the spacing.

Hmmmm.................. very tempting as I am just now reading about the RZ-3000. To be honest I'm not sure if I want to put off this purchase for a few months, friend of mine has a 3030, I really want it as I am looking forward to Atmos at home ASAP.
If you have no need for 4k/HDCP 2.2/HDMI 2.0a(HDR) or the DTS:X update and Atmos will work just fine, then AVS still has a NR3030 available at clearance pricing. If interested give us a call. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think I keep my tx-nr-3030 for now,somes problèms whit dts-x firmware whit denon and marrantz ,I not shure for tx-rz-1000 or 3000 whe have same problems when the firmware dts-x coming in the new receiver onkyo.:confused:

Reactions: gene4ht

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I think I keep my tx-nr-3030 for now,somes problèms whit dts-x firmware whit denon and marrantz ,I not shure for tx-rz-1000 or 3000 whe have same problems when the firmware dts-x coming in the new receiver onkyo.:confused:
If the 3030 could be upgraded to include DTS:X, I would have bought one long ago...

But I would have to agree with your decision. The DTS:X introduction has been slow and bumpy...maybe the reason Onkyo and others are just waiting. For me, the 2015 line of D+M products are guinea pigs for DTS:X and are a bit quirky in other areas as well. Like yourself, I'm waiting for the introduction of the RZ1000 and RZ3000 or possibly even wait for the 2016 D+M models later in the year. I prefer 11 channels over 9+amp and don't mind waiting for better implementation of DTS:X and other features.

121 - 140 of 257 Posts