AVS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm going to stick with my 1030 even after I pick up a UHD-BD Player, at least for a while. I'll use input 3 so I have 2.0/2.2 covered and will wait for a new 11ch AVR that has DTS-X & HDMI 2.0a out of the box with no firmware update required.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I'm going to stick with my 1030 even after I pick up a UHD-BD Player, at least for a while. I'll use input 3 so I have 2.0/2.2 covered and will wait for a new 11ch AVR that has DTS-X & HDMI 2.0a out of the box with no firmware update required.
Great plan...pretty much what I'm doing...and hoping the new 3000 will meet these requirements.

·
Registered
244 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!!! :D:D:D 1st of all I have to thank @jdsmoothie for great customer service and for the 3030 at awesome pricing! I had a Sony STR-DH710 7.1 HD receiver doing 7.1, I am blown away by the 3030!! Been watching the Atmos demo disc, Sicario, and Gravity, I think I want to take a week off of work, I am extremely happy with the way my a/v system is going. Below is what I have so far in the living room, sub upgrade is on my list next..........

Samsung 55" Smart Series 6 LED UN55F6300 | Sony PS3 Slim 250GB | Sony DVP-S7700 DVD Player | Onkyo TX-NR3030 Atmos Network Receiver | Energy C2 mains | Energy C-C1 center | Energy C-R100 surround sides | Energy C-R100 surround backs | Onkyo SKH-410 Dolby Atmos Enabled Speakers (2 sets)| Sony SA-WM40 120W Sub

·
Registered
531 Posts
oh yes when you listen they onkyo tx-nr3030 you no want other company,is very good whit cinema and music .:D

Reactions: Lozin

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just got mine, the box was almost 60 lbs! Can't wait to listen to it.

Reactions: mobileES

·
Registered
244 Posts
It is an awesome unit. Carrying from my desk at work to my car, then from the car to the house was a mission. It is easily the heaviest piece of electronics I own! I find myself re-watching my whole movie collection again with new found great sound.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
It is an awesome unit. Carrying from my desk at work to my car, then from the car to the house was a mission. It is easily the heaviest piece of electronics I own! I find myself re-watching my whole movie collection again with new found great sound.
Congrats! The 3030 is an outstanding AVR and I would have bought one too if it could be updated to include DTS:X and HDR. May I ask why you both decided to forego these features?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Congrats! The 3030 is an outstanding AVR and I would have bought one too if it could be updated to include DTS:X and HDR. May I ask why you both decided to forego these features?
I decided to go ahead with the 3030 as it had everything I was looking for with 11-channel power and Atmos, hadn't read too much into DTS and HDR. I don't see myself jumping on the 4K ship just yet, maybe down the road so no HDR need for me. DTS is still early with titles, I have about 350 blu-rays in my collection, that will keep me busy for awhile, as long as they continue making Atmos titles and the DSU in the 3030 sounds great. I'm happy :)

Reactions: Lozin

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I decided to go ahead with the 3030 as it had everything I was looking for with 11-channel power and Atmos, hadn't read too much into DTS and HDR. I don't see myself jumping on the 4K ship just yet, maybe down the road so no HDR need for me. DTS is still early with titles, I have about 350 blu-rays in my collection, that will keep me busy for awhile, as long as they continue making Atmos titles and the DSU in the 3030 sounds great. I'm happy :)
Appreciate you sharing the reasons for your decision...the 11 channels are key...and if you have no immediate need for the other features, then the 3030 would be my choice as well...enjoy your new AVR!

Reactions: mobileES

·
Registered
87 Posts
Heavy for sure..

I haven't studied those new formats and needed a solution as one of my recievers too a dump. If it's trivially better, I'll be ok.. it would have to be substantially better sounding for me to be concerned. The cheaper onkyo it's replacing sounded pretty good and could bring the house down, I'm sure this will be a bit better.

I got mine from onkyo on their trade in program. I'm proud of them for taking care of me due to early receiver failures that have been happening. My 2nd onkyo in our bedroom has been solid for more than ten years, I hope the new one gives us at least the same.

I have to build a new wall shelf or buy a rack, old shelf is too small and would likely tear right off the wall. I may unbox and plug in my bedroom which has onkyo 6.1 set-up installed. That way I could see if this unit works properly.

Thanks for the interest, everyone.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ok, so it won't fit in my living room 7.1 set-up. The reciever has no place it will fit. However, I was able to fit it in the bedroom 6.1 onkyo speaker set-up. I couldn't figure out how to make it work with 6.1, so 5.1 it is.

The sound was silky smooth and powerful. Amazing with the cheap htib onkyo speakers. Much better than any onkyo receiver I've ever owned. I'm still learning how to use it. It's very sensitive, one speaker connection was weak and the unit turned off immediately. An easy fix.

Ok, now for the bad. I noticed the volume dial isn't smooth and feels like it rubs in certain areas while turning it. I don't know if any of you have this, please check. I don't want it to fail in the near future because of this, hopefully a common issue that's more of a nuisance.

The speaker calibration was easy with the included speaker and the out of box sound with the calibration sounds great.

I'll play with it more over the weekend and see what's next. My next move is Pandora and Bluetooth functions. I wanna see if there is a HD fm tuner built in.

Any other suggestions or advice from long time users?

Tia

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!!! :D:D:D 1st of all I have to thank @jdsmoothie for great customer service and for the 3030 at awesome pricing! I had a Sony STR-DH710 7.1 HD receiver doing 7.1, I am blown away by the 3030!! Been watching the Atmos demo disc, Sicario, and Gravity, I think I want to take a week off of work, I am extremely happy with the way my a/v system is going. Below is what I have so far in the living room, sub upgrade is on my list next..........

Samsung 55" Smart Series 6 LED UN55F6300 | Sony PS3 Slim 250GB | Sony DVP-S7700 DVD Player | Onkyo TX-NR3030 Atmos Network Receiver | Energy C2 mains | Energy C-C1 center | Energy C-R100 surround sides | Energy C-R100 surround backs | Onkyo SKH-410 Dolby Atmos Enabled Speakers (2 sets)| Sony SA-WM40 120W Sub
That's the issue with the 3030 it just makes your gear sound so great you want to sell a kidney to keep upgrading all the speaker:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tried the Bluetooth today, it rocks. Still sucks on volume dial, I'll just use remote for now. I hope nothing else pops up when I use all the features it has. It would suck to be out of warranty and have other things wrong with it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ok, so it won't fit in my living room 7.1 set-up. The reciever has no place it will fit. However, I was able to fit it in the bedroom 6.1 onkyo speaker set-up. I couldn't figure out how to make it work with 6.1, so 5.1 it is.

The sound was silky smooth and powerful. Amazing with the cheap htib onkyo speakers. Much better than any onkyo receiver I've ever owned. I'm still learning how to use it. It's very sensitive, one speaker connection was weak and the unit turned off immediately. An easy fix.

Ok, now for the bad. I noticed the volume dial isn't smooth and feels like it rubs in certain areas while turning it. I don't know if any of you have this, please check. I don't want it to fail in the near future because of this, hopefully a common issue that's more of a nuisance.

The speaker calibration was easy with the included speaker and the out of box sound with the calibration sounds great.

I'll play with it more over the weekend and see what's next. My next move is Pandora and Bluetooth functions. I wanna see if there is a HD fm tuner built in.

Any other suggestions or advice from long time users?

Tia
I will check my volume knob when I get home. So far I tried the Bluetooth from my tablet and USB jump drive for mp3's, works great! Still amazed all all the power it has. Was watching Tron Legacy in Dolby Surround mode with all 11 channels going, no problems at all where my old receiver would have clipped in 7 channel mode.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I noticed the volume dial isn't smooth and feels like it rubs in certain areas while turning it. I don't know if any of you have this, please check.
I noticed the same thing on a 1030 unit I saw at a retailers. The volume control knob was rubbing against the circular opening of the face plate. I don't know if the knob, knob shaft, or face plate was out of position. In any case, I would suggest giving Onkyo a call and have it corrected or exchanged.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Volume knob on my 3030 is smooth......no rubbing.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Been a month and I am still impressed with this receiver, the DSU has all my non-Atmos titles sounding awesome so far.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The 3030 is truly amazing. I've had my 1030 for a year now and it still amazes me how good the sound is. I'm still debating saying to hell with HDR & DTS-X and go buy the Panasonic AX900 & UBD player hook it all up to input 3 and call it a day. That's how good I think the sound is from the 1030 & 3030. Although I'm going to check out Yamaha's RX-A3060

141 - 160 of 257 Posts