AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone. I have an onkyo tx-nr626 that shuts itself off during volume swells. It displays no error messages. More specifically, it will shut off during loud explosions while playing Call of Duty. Even more specifically, the little intro audio blip that plays when I would open the Hulu app in my Xbox will shut the receiver off every time if the volume is above a certain level. It doesn't have to be super loud, but on that receiver if the volume is say above "30," that specific sound from the Hulu app opening shuts it off every time. It does not shut it off if the volume is turned down soft. I have read through these postings and tried several things and none have worked:

1. As the manual suggests I have unplugged the receiver for over an hour and tried again.
2. I have disconnected the speaker wire of each speaker one at a time (at the receiver) and recreated the shut down. It shuts down with each individual speaker and sub-woofer disconnected (5.1 system).
3. I disconnected ALL the speakers and sub-woofer (nothing connected) and it still shuts off.
4. I did a factory reset.
5. I trimmed the ends of the speaker wires that connect to the back of the receiver and have made sure (several times) that there are no stray threads.

So I think the problem is internal, right? Is there anything I can do aside from having someone look at it, which is probably not worth the money?

Thanks for your help!
Danny

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm so sorry...I don't know how I posted this in the wrong section. I can't figure out how to delete it from here. My apologies. I will repost in the appropriate section. Danny

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.