AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I bought a TX-NR626 for a 5.1 setup, hooked it all to my Xbox, media pc and sat box via HDMI and it's been amazing for the past 3 weeks.

All of a sudden, the PC HMDI video didn't display and took me a while of the usual troubleshoot cycle of rebooting, unplug/replug etc to get it to work again. It doesn't seem to like the 1st HDMI port?

Since then, every time I change HMDI source, the video is fine and instant but there is no audio for anything up to 90 seconds, as though it has not switched over yet, and sometimes it teases me and plays the audio for 1-2s about 20s in and then drops again for another minute or so.

After some googling, I i initially I thought it was a well known Onkyo HMDI handshake issue when switching sources but now I have found it is not always just when switching sources - it is even worse in PC mode!

If I am streaming a tv series, I will have to wait for the audio to kick in after 1-2 mins then skip back to the beginning to watch and it's fine. If I skip back too far to the point that the buffering symbol comes back up again, same audio problem, once it's going it's fine and doesn't drop out. Then at the end of the video, it loads up the next one and the audio has dropped yet again?!

It's so frustrating as it was perfect before and couldn't sing it's praises more. However I do have a rather curious cat so I unplugged everything and started again, making sure there are no shorts or anything, and all cables are firmly connected and given them the 'ol blow in the port trick.

It still under warranty so I'm literally boxing it up tonight to send it back, but just in case it's a stupid setting or something I have on or off incorrectly, you guys know your stuff!

Since reading through a few problems on here, I may try a factory reset when I get back home as I did tinker with nearly every setting in the menu to fine tune the audio so it could well be me, but I haven't touched the settings in a while after I got it near to perfect for me and that was way before this problem!

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have this EXACT issue with my 626. No audio for up to several minutes, then it comes on, sometimes goes back off. Once it gets going it goes fine, but when I change the channel I am screwed and have to wait minutes for audio to work again. I am out of warranty. I only notice this happening with my DirecTV satellite box. I switched hdmi cables, same problem. I've disabled HDMI audio out (had to disable HDMI-CEC to get this option) which is a common Onkyo issue as well.

How did you solve this? This is scaring me from playing with DD or DTS settings because no matter what I change the audio is rarely unreliable. The input information says it's coming into the receiver as PCM 2.0 and I'm outputting to All CH Stereo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts